kcfoster

Apr 30, 2008
Hey guys,

New to the forum so just wanted to start off by saying hey to everyone.

Anyway, yesterday a buddy of mine was riding my bike (04 WR250) and layed it over pretty good. Everything on the bike is fine except the handlebars and front wheel are not in alignment (very minor, but noticeable). I heard this is a pretty common problem and just wanted to know some people's opinion on what to do before I tried to fix it myself.

Thanks in advance.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Stand in front of the bike with the wheel between your knees- grab the handlebars and give them a good solid jerk in the direction they need to go to be aligned. If this does not work next try (say the bars need to move right to be aligned) setting the front wheel against a solid object- tree, car bumper, XRpredators head- on the right side and give the bars a solid jerk. Final if the first 2 do not work loosen the bolts on the triple clamps and do one or the other above a bit more gently. When you re tighten the bolts be sure they are torqued to the proper set or it will go out again, or you could pinch the fork tubes doing far more damage then you started with

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Make darned sure the handlebar isn't bent first. No use trying to align a bent handlebar. I've done this before and it wasn't good.

Top Bottom