Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
I'm happy with my TAG CR hi bend bars but think they are a little too wide for long trail rides. At 5'10" & 175 lbs. my aching shoulders and the tight tress are not having fun. Any suggestions?

PS - The only info from a search showed a few replies at about 31" in width.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
My Renthals are cut down to 28". Not including bark busters. I love them this width. Last thread about this, the average is about 28.5" I think.

bwc352

Apr 12, 2002
I bought my bike with the bars having already been cut down to 28 inches. They felt like a joke they were so narrow, and for a short time I felt that their narrowness contributed a bit to my arm pump. But, I now love that width. My arms have gotten used to the width and it is clearly beneficial in the woods. I even believe that it helps me in MX in some of the choppy tight sections where I have to change direction quickly. Regular bars that are 31 to 32 inches now feel like wheelbarrows to me. I doubt that I ever go wider than 28 again unless I go to pure MX.

Cactus Jim

Apr 1, 2002
Each to his own, and it all depends on what type of riding you're doing. I have long arms and love Renthal's "desert" bend, which is about 33.5". It really helps in stability at high speeds. Also, no trees to worry about! ;)

GREENBEAN

Jan 8, 2000
I cut mine down max, Pro-Tapers CR-Low, so I can barely get my handguards and controls on. only about inch on one side and half on the other... or was that even 3/4 eachside ... hmm

mackay

Jan 7, 2002
I ride a mix of woods trails and fire roads and find 30" to be a good width...I have thought about narrower but worry about my ability to limit head shake on the fire roads( no steering dampner (sp?))

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom