kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
i have an 01 kawasaki kdx 200 and i went riding last weekend and towardthe end of my journey i took a tumble. i shut the bike off pick it up it usually takes me 1 or 2 kicks to start it but this time it took like 6. then a few feet away from there i shut the bike off to help my friend get his bike out of a mud hole. i started it up but again took 6 times about.i think i just might be runnin low on gas i just thought of that butmy dirtbike is at the house my parents are building so i cant check. could i have somewhat fouled a plug even though its brand new (the plug) please help thanx jeff

Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
When you dumped it , the carb loaded up. Usually when that happens you just give it full throttle when you kick it. Then ride it and rev it up a little and you should be fine.

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
SO THERE IS NOTHIN WRONG WITH IT. WELL AFTER I DUMPED I RODE A FEW FEET THEN SHUT THE BIKE OFF TO HELP ,A FRIEND AND IT STILL STARTED LIKE THAT LIKE I SAID SO UR SAYIN I PRETTY MUCH FLOODED THE ENGINE OR WHAT DOES LOADING IT UP MEAN

FLBob

Jun 4, 2001
Let's see if others agree with my definitions - Flooding means too much liquid fuel somewhere - in your case chances are while the bike was other than upright too much gas got into the carb which will make the fuel mixture too rich until you've used up the excess gas -probably more than a few feet of travel. You probably should have rev'd the engine a few times until you heard it running nice and clean.
Flooding can also mean having liquid gas in the combustion chamber which is not good. Often happens on a choked, cold engine that doesn't start right away. Gets the plug wet and keep it from firing properly.

"Loading up" is usually refering to a way too rich fuel mixture affecting the performance of the engine often leading up the plug "fouling" from the excessive carbon generated from the unburned fuel. The carbon deposited on the plug actually shorts out the electrical impulse so no spark.

Usually, if you can get the bike started, and it was set up right before the dump, a loaded condition will clear out if you rev it a little or ride at a quick pace.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom