Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Hey, I did a search, but didn't come up with to much. I ripped through a Kenda TrackMaster this season pretty bad(I know, I know not the greatest rubber on earth). I have seen so many different opinions on tires I am just going to spit out some info and see if anyone can give me some good advice.

I want a really hard tire, something that is going to last a season or 2. My Kenda was just to soft and I ripped through it pretty good. I don't mind replacing after every season, but would like something that tends to stick around for a while.

60% Trail, 20% track, 20% everything else. I weigh in at 225, I know that doesn't help with tread wear while being on the pipe :) but hey, thats the way I'm designed.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
You might want to post this in the product forum but here's what I used. I had the Dunlop 695 tires. They are for soft terrain and are hard rubber. I bought them because I didn't have the money to buy tires all the time. They may have not been the best all the time but they lasted longer.
Elk

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I've given up on trying to make tires last longer than 2 months, so I'm more concerned with their performance than their longevity. For hardpack, I like the Dunlop 739 rear.

MotoEnduro

~SPONSOR~
Mar 11, 2001
For hard terrain the IRC VE33/35 tires have held up pretty well. They work fair in dry sand, better in wet sand and muddier conditions, and do pretty good in the rocks.

I heartily second Senior KX Riders opinion on the Bridgestone M77/78! In hardpack dirt I have not ridden a better tire, they stick like glue. Introduce a little water, or sand into the equation and you'll be wishing for another tire;)
They do hold up well though.

mountain

Jan 7, 2002
Anyone have any experience with Maxxis tires?
The Maxx Cross Rear Intermediate that is pictured on rockymountainmc.com looks like a good pattern, but I am wondering if Maxxis hold up well?
I ride 60% rocks, and 40% hardpack dirt?
Has anyone ever used Maxxis? Do the fall apart or not?
Any other suggestions for my riding mix?
RockyMountain does not carry Michelin M-12's in my size of 110/100X18...

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Hrm, you know what after all the reply's, I might just stick with the Kenda and buy 2 a season. The performane was great, it just wore out a little fast. I ride everything, hardpack, rocks, dirt, watery death holes. I really don't want one tire thats great for just one thing. Ah well, maybe I can buy the Kenda's in bulk :P

Top Bottom