Has anyone ever used Valvoline 2 stroke?

Bodge

~SPONSOR~
Oct 4, 2003
Have any one you used the New Valvoline 2 stroke motorcycle oil? I got it at pepboys for $3.00. Before i was using moble mx2t but cant find it anymore. This valvoline says it meets or exceeds JASO FC and API TC. whats that mean?

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Copied and pasted.

1 - What are the JASO standards ?

Today, the benchmark standards in the area of lubricants for the motoscycle are the JASO standards.
It is necessary to distinguish between the JASO standards attributed to 2 strokes and on the other hand that attributed to 4 strokes :
A - the 2 stroke
The highest level for a 2 stroke oil is JASO FC.
Who grants the JASO FC approval ?
It is the Japanese Automotive Standard Organisation that grants the label after analysis of the oil.
What are the qualities required fon an oil to become JASO FC ?
For a lubricant to obtain the JASO standard it must be anti deposit, anti smoke and have been submitted to lubricant and detergent tests.
How do you recognise that a product is JASO FC ?
When a lubricant has succeeded in all the tests, the Japanese Automotive Standard Organisation attibutes a certificate and an accreditation number that must figure on the container in the form of a determined logo.

The other standards
• SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) defines the viscosity grade of a lubricant.
• API (American Petroleum Institute) determines the level of detergent performance, of dispersion and of anti oxydation of the lubricants. The highest level for a 4 stroke oil is API SG, and for a 2 stroke oil API TC.
• NMMA (National Marine Manufacturers Association) determines exclusively the level of lubrication of a marine oil. The highest level for a 2 stroke oil is NMMA TCW3R.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Some desert racing friends/costomers of mine use the Valvoline. None of them has ever had an oil related engine failure. They usually ride about 100 to 150 miles a week, and I do thier top ends every 6 months or so. I say run it, especially if you go through oil like those guy's do! :laugh:

Last edited:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
"Use ......... where JASO FC or API TC oils are specified."

I don't have any experience with this oil (Amsoil), but I don't see a claim anywhere that it meets JASO FC or API TC specifications.

It's probably fine, but the marketing is a bit deceptive (surprise!).

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
MX-727 said:
Man, those must be some big sewing machines. :rotfl:

Damn, I must have forgot the spell check that time. :bang:

fow350

Sep 7, 2004
I was going to use it to break in the top end on my bike because it is non-sythetic. I never used it though, becuase I was too lazy to drain the synthetic mix in the tank and go get more gas to mix up. Now it just sits in the toolbox as a back-up oil.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom