Feb 25, 2001
I tried getting a case of mobil MX2T today but my autozone only caries the 4-stroke oil by mobil not the 2-stroke oil....they tried selling me this new Valvoline 2-stroke motocross racing oil have anybody tried this ? anybody know some info on how this product is ?? it didnt say on the bottle if it is synthetic or not but its 3.00 per 16oz. bottle.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
It's a brand new product and I haven't heard anyone using it as of yet.
Perhaps you could be the DRN tester of this product and let us know about it when you do your next top end.
Also, you can probably call AutoZone corporate and ask that they supply your local store with MX2T.

Jake T

Mar 23, 2000
My dad just bought some too. We haven't been doing much riding lately due to injuries though.
I'll be sure to post a review when we finally try it out.

helio

Dec 19, 2001
I have used Valvoline oils sometime ago in my old KX(Valvoline SYNCHAMP and SYNPRO if I remember the right names...)
Never seized the engine but the pistons does not like very good after 40 hours aprox. (alot of carbon in the top).
I am a fan of Castrol lubes but a dealer close to me offered me a bottle of a new oil from Valvoline (Synpower) for testing in my CR 125. I used it only twice because I found very smoke and the engine a little more unresponsive(I did not rejet the carb for this oil) so I can not tell you if this is really good or bad.
I prefer the Castrol TTS for riding in peace :aj: .

Feb 25, 2001
Dont mean to dissapoint anyone but I did find a Autozone that supplies MX2T and I bought a case while I could. It was a 35 minute drive but its a case and will last a while.

Nov 20, 2000
Any new intel on Valvoline 2-stroke oil? A lot of good reports on Yamalube 2-R but when I've used it I get blobs of spoooooge from the powervalve drain hose.

old#48

Jun 17, 2002
As far as the Valvoline goes, I saw an an for it in a mag and it didn't mention any thing about being synthetic, plus you said you couldn't find "synthetic" on the bottle. Well it must not be. IMHO, I think best to avoid, if it was synthetic, they would sure as heck say so. There are plenty of good oils out there to use without taking a step backwards. I vote for the MX2T or for Maxima Formula K2 if you are under extreme racing conditions and want a 100% ester based synthetic oil that you will dish out the cash for ($10 to $12 a litre).

Last edited:

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Yeah, this one time, my brothers uncles best friend ran Tech 2000 Oil in his quad and the whole motor exploded, literally. Also, my best buddies uncle ran Valvoline in his bike and his seat cover started to come off......LMAO

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
This one time, at band camp......

sassy

Apr 14, 2002
i have used valvoline oil for the whole year on my bike.loved it!piston was mint and the power ports where twice as as easy to clean compared to yamaha or honda oils, which i ran for two years each.i like my bike a tad rich and never fouled a plug or had spooge dripping out of the pipe.dont knock it if you havent tried it!

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
I have been looking for it and have yet to find any. I'm curious to try it as that would make all my vehicles using the same brand. :confused:

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
I know the guy who rides the XR250 on the Valvoline two stroke oil bottle. :confused:

Yeah the EX ARE 250 on the Two stroke oil bottle.

He's pretty cranked at Valvoline for using it without compensation after they said they would cut him some freebies. :|

mmhyson

Nov 12, 2002
ok guys i have alittle info you mayalready know my dad owns an oil distribution business and all those yamalubs and prohonda **** it sall marketing citgo, shell, kendall these company's are the ones tha make the expensive proconsumer stuff i gave me dad a bottle of prohonda and he matched it up to a quart of shell semisenthetic from the specs on the back of the bottle so i guess my point is shop around and don't always pay too much for the same thing with a jenaric maker does this make sense or did i cross that line

Top Bottom