Hatfield-McCoy in Oct.

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Looking to go down the first or second week of Oct. We can go thur eve or fri morn. We can do the camping thing (can sleep 3 in my camper) or get a motel room. We tried to do this last spring and it didn't work out. Bill Hibbs and I went and had a great time for one day.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I'm there dennis, and I'll bring my own tent this time :)

GNCC387

Sponsoring Member
Apr 21, 2002
I am there if it doesn't conflict with any races that weekend

GNCC387

Sponsoring Member
Apr 21, 2002
Got a full schedule of races for october may be another time or if they cancel one i am there

Corvettemom

Jul 3, 2002
Fellows, if you decide not to do the "camping" thing or just for future reference, check out our website http://www.almostheavenrentals.com.
We provide reasonably priced lodging in the Hatfield-McCoy area. Also if you need any local info, email me or PM me and I'll answer as much as I can for you.

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Oct 4-5-6 I would like to leave Thur nite if possible. That way we'll have all day fri and sat to play.

smb_katoomer

Feb 24, 2001
this sucks, with my new job(honda,suzuki,ktm of jackson) i only have two days off. i get off at four on saturdays and don't have to work again until tuesda at nine. it figures, i never get to go on the good rides!! But hey in the mean time all you guys (i.e. dennis bill rich and anybody else out to come down and ide the new and improved scramble track. Bigger uphills, azz-pucker downhills, and great single track, all in a 3..7 mile package! oh well, maybe i'll just wait on jeff to finish the klx and go ride wayne or something.

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Leaving on vac tonite,be back next sat. Then the wife leaves for Dallas when we get home and won't return until sat so don't think I'll be able to that weekend either.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Are you guys crazy!? That's the week of Dirtweek! You guys get your butts out to Oklahoma! :moon:

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
well all can't make it to oklahoma so we are having our own little DW02 here in WV. so yall have un, but us ohio boys are gonna make it out one year and show yall how to ride :moon:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
hey I made it out last year, I don't know if I showed anyone how to ride but man I had a blast :cool:

GNCC387

Sponsoring Member
Apr 21, 2002
El prez u can't even get out of your own way. lol

someday

Jul 10, 2000
How far are you guys from the H-M area? Perhaps my son Neil and I will come Friday night and ride all day Saturday. Remember us from DW'01? Where exactly will you be staying?

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Hey someone I'm coming from Columbus Oh. I'm thinking of leaving Thur after work. I'm going to call the campsite Devil Anse. the web site says they have full hookup. If so I'll bring my camper and stay there.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Of course I remember you Someday (your name's Jeff right?)
I'll be coming from wellston, I was thinking of camping at Cheif Logan state park as I hear they have nice facilities for us primative campers, a nice warm shower would be great after a long ride :)

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Hey Jeff check out devil anse campground. They'er only a dollar more and are right at the trailhead. No loading up to ride. I'm taking the camper so we'll have a shower.

Shaunboy

Aug 5, 2001
hey, dennis I will try to make it, well just the matter of getting a bike. probably just get john's, well that is if it still in one peace or runs for that matter-all the same I'll still smoke ya all! ;)

The Milfield GNCC race is this weekend, wana go, wana race :aj: or just sponser me with your bike I'll race :thumb:

Last edited:

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Dang, I can't make it that weekend. I have to work. I think my house is going to be finished the first of October anyway so I don't think the wife would appreciate me taking off for another weekend.

Rich and I are talking about riding this Sunday. I don't know if I'm up for racing in all the dust though.

Dennis warmed up to Hatfield and was kicking serious Butt towards the end of the day. He even passed me when I wasn't looking. ;) You guys will have a great time.

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
Bill, Jeff's KLX should be running this weekend, get ahold of him, he was looking for someone to go riding w/. i ain't riding until i get a new tube and wheel bearings, in my rear tire. BW you shouldn't ride 50+ miles on a flat tire. :thumb:

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
Hey Guys,
I've never ridden the H/M area, but am looking to go there. If you don't mind me tagin' along in OCT I'd really like to hang with some DRN'ers in a new riding area. I just moved to Eastern VA and haven't found anyone to ride with yet. If y'all are ok with me joining your group just drop me a pm or email me at mghathorn@earthlink.net Thanks!

DEA

Jul 11, 2001
Does anybody ride in Wayne Nat. forrest Ironton Oh. area? Went there last sat.,thats the first time I've been there in 20+ yrs.(trying to start over)what a diferent place now. Also,is it true that at Hatfeild-Mcoy They watch your speed? I've herd people say that if it has 2 wheels it better stay on 2 & if 4 wheels it better stay on 4? I don't ride fast but,get out of control every now and then.
DEA

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…