SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Moose come on. Your more than welcome.
DEA we were there last spring. Wasn't very busy the day we were there. The main loop was real wide. Was running 4th wide open and in 5th some. Nothing was said to us. I've never been to Ironton, only Logan.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I've been to the pine creek area close to Oak Hill and Monday creek over by nelsonville, but I'm wanting to get down to the Hanging rock area, how are the trails?

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
DEA - No speed control that i ever heard of.

Jeff - If you guys plan to go to H/M or WNF drop me a line. A group of us are probably going there the weekend of Sept. 20th if you are interested.

Wendy & I will be heading out to DW02. Was hoping to see some of you Ohio boys there too. If any one needs a ride out to OK - PM me.

DEA

Jul 11, 2001
I really liked them . They all loop around and have markers There's two ramps to unload ,parking area & bathroom. Permits are 25.00/yr.12.00/3day & 5.00/day The map states ther are 26 mi. of trails. Heres the web site www.fs.fed.us/r9/wayne

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
SPD
Exactly what days are you going? I couldnt tell from what you said, but have you ever been to Bear Wallow trail? The Devils Anse is nothing at all to brag about but it gets the job done and they have a awesome (pay) shower!!! I went there in the spring and stayed right behind the little store, it was when they had all the flooding going on and I had a ball. I am really wanting to go back this fall, and plan on it so let me know.

BTW does any one know what the weather would be like in November? I know rain is probable but what about temps, I dont mind 40's at all?

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I've got a season permit for wayne already, but I've only been riding twice so far (once ended when I put the GasGas in the middle of a 4 foot deep mudhole :( )
Tried to go ride richland today but my head gasket blew before I got to the tunnel, what a weekend :|

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
jsned I've been there once. I saw devil anse campground and would agree, not much. But it's right there and they say they have full hookup. Sewer,water and electric. I'm taking my camper so I'll have a HOT shower. I'm leaving thur oct 3rd after work and leaving sunday oct 6th.

Corvettemom

Jul 3, 2002
Hi guys, Devil Anse does have full hook-ups, at least a few (maybe 8 to 12 of them). Also I am friends with a few of the Rangers for the HM system and can pretty much assure you that they're not going to hassle you about your speed on the trails as long as you don't ride reckless on the lot, etc. where there might be alot of people around at once.
As for the weather in November, it hasn't been getting very cold around here for the last few years. Our Winter has pretty much waited until Jan/Feb/Mar to show up. Haven't even really had a good white Christmas in a while that I can remember. If you need anymore info about the area, feel free to pm me. Also if you want to stay in a nice warm place, with a "free/included in the price" hot shower, with a nice soft bed, check out our website at http://www.almostheavenrentals.com. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
new head gasket on the way, the folks at stroker were very helpful and kind as well, this should put me back on the road...uh..err, dirt :)

KTM-Lew

Jan 26, 2002
smb...I rec you make sure the head and top of cyl is absolutley flat...you can wet sand it on a piece of glass with some 600-1000 grit...just do figure 8s...pick it up and see if its hitting everywhere. Do about 4 rotations and check the surface.

Did you check the deck clearence? Some clay wrapped in a piece of waxed paper will give you all clearence's. I would bolt it together with the old gasket and timed correctly roll it over gently so the valves open and close. Then check all clearence's...piston to head/ valve to piston...and then if everything is defintely on the safe side then put the new gasket on.

I'm looking forward to riding with you guys. :thumb:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Thanks for the tips, valve clearances are good, no top end noise from the bike at all, it has new rings and cam chain and one new intake valve. All keepers are tight and shims properly installed, the gasket was just old but I thought it would be ok, guess I guessed wrong. I'll have it running before the weekend :)

KTM-Lew

Jan 26, 2002
I was refering to the clearence between the valve face and the notch in the piston and the piston to head. I am allways a little leary of good deals on modified bikes especially 4-strokes. You never know when someone was seaching for that last tiny bit if power and realized they had gone too far. Then out comes the for-sale sign.

Hope it was just a tired gasket. :yeehaw:

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
Dennis, doubt ill be in for this one. Don't think i can come up w/ the money to take that many days off, considering ill be riding more races in the coming weeks. Maybe we can hook up for a trail ride in wayne, or perry sometime.

YZ Joust

Master of Jackassery
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 21, 2002
I'll be there from 11Oct-20Oct...... The last time we rode there we rode the area out by Corridor G that hasn't opened up yet... We got lost numerous times but the trails were kick @$$!!!

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Well work has done it again. They asked me to cancel my vacation day. Since there wasn't a big interest in this at this time I said ok. So I cancelled my reservation and am going to work instead.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom