john loggins

Sep 5, 2001
just would like to get the word out to members. If anyone wants to make the commute!

I ride with a group of guys who are in their 50s who have ridden these vast hidden trails for the past 25 years. It's awesome and very challenging. We most all ride KTMs, with the 200 cc being the main size.

Hawaii has lots of open land and the aloha spirit is alive and well.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Oh how I miss my homeland. Born and raised there, and I can't wait to get back to visit. Say Aloha to the islands for me and tell them I'll be back soon.

Aloha
Elk

Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
Hawaii riding

What island do you live on? I lived there through the late 70's and all of the 80's, and am now 54. Maybe some of those guys are the same ones I rode with.

I lived on Ohau. Really good memories of the riding there.

john loggins

Sep 5, 2001
some guys I ride with, Oahu

Hey Bigbird, the main "leader" of our troop is a guy named Greg Williams. You may remember Dominic (he opened up a shop in Kaneohe) but his back gave out after filling his shop full of trophys. His ex college roomie Stu is still riding hard, (in his sixties!). there's others but I don't know their last names.
It seems every one here knows each other, and I may find myself living here again some day. In the mean time I transfer to Tampa Florida this summer. Hoping to find some hills and jungle within an 8 hour road trip because riding has become an obsession with me.:)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by john loggins
just would like to get the word out to members. If anyone wants to make the commute!

I ride with a group of guys who are in their 50s who have ridden these vast hidden trails for the past 25 years. It's awesome and very challenging. We most all ride KTMs, with the 200 cc being the main size.

Hawaii has lots of open land and the aloha spirit is alive and well.
The Heartland Spodes would LOVEto do this one. I don't think the Dodge will float though and I'm not sure the guys would want to be couped up in a airplane for very long with me.:uh: But, I'll put it on my wish list anyway.

Nov 12, 2001
:cool: I am going this summer for my wife's sister's wedding. I went last year for my honeymoon. I found an awesome track on Kauai! (going to Kauai again) Any ph #' or tips on who to contact about a possible 'rent-a-bike'? I race MX but have raced a few H.S.'s and a trail ride would REALLY make the trip! The Napali Coast and hiking are the best I've ever encountered. Thanks in advance...

john loggins

Sep 5, 2001
back pages of Dirt Rider Mag

There was a company that was organizing rides on Kaui. I called it a couple of years ago to see what the prices were. $200 a day. I am waiting on my subscription to renew so I will check it for any ads. good luck, and yes, I agree the island is awesome, but I actually know of a place down in Costa Rica that gives just as much if not more. that is the riding I now dream of.

Top Bottom