Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I just pick up a new Philips 30" wide screen HDTV and an APEX Progressive Scan DVD Player. MOst evey thing is good to go but for what ever resion when I hook up the composit video from the DVD player to the tv al I ger is garbage on the TV. acording to the instructions for both I have every thing set up right, but nothing seems to work. All the other A/V imputs on the tv and A/V outputs on the DVD plater work right though. Any ideas?

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Before I hooked up our dvd player I had to set the display for component cables before actually plugging them in.

Is it possibe that you have a couple cables crossed?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Some players have switch settings in the back for what type of connections you are using, be they coaxial, optical, etc... you may check that.

Your Phillips, it is a reciever too I assume, and not just a monitor?

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
All the cables checked good, and the TV and the DVD player were set up right (according to the instructions) and still no dice. :(

I did recheck th eback of the TV and there aren't and switches

Jaybird: it is reciever too

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
clear the TV settings. then reprogram the TV again with everthing plugged in and powered up. MOST of the new big screens need to "ident" the ports as you set up the inputs. make sure you dont have two devices on the same input.

Top Bottom