Headlight Bulb?

Biglmbass

Jul 29, 2002
I'm in need of a headlight bulb for a '98 KDX. After searching this forum for 'headlight' I realize a few options exist for a bulb.
Questions...
1. Can anyone tell me from experience if a Dennis Kirk bulb will work? From their catalog, the closest replacement looks to be part number 22-295 for $2.99 (page number 480 in catalog). This is a 35 watt bulb but surely it will work???
2. In my search I recall someone mentioning a John Deere bulb would work. Can anyone advise a part number for this bulb?
Any help is appreciated.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
After my own search for a replacement lightbulb, here is what I came up with (the bulb part number / wattage on my 2002 220 is 92069-1080 12V 30/30W):

1) The dealer's price is outrageous. $24!

2) Dennis Kirk's sales department could not find a KDX replacement bulb for me. I could not conclusively determine the right one after searching through their web site.

3) I tried a few of those "black market" 1-800 parts distributors listed in the back of magagines. They could not get one for me.

4) Sage (here on DRN) says that he can get one from his local John Deere dealer (Washington I believe). I tried my local Deere dealer (a large commerical one), and they could not match it up to anything they had.

5) I tried searching a number of web sites that sell bulbs online. No luck.

6) I finally called Fredette, and he sent me one for $9. www.frpoffroad.com

What should be an inexpensive and easily available replacement part is neither. If all Kawi parts are like this, I hope I never have to replace anything else!

Are there any Kawasaki reps that can comment on this???

Let us know if you do get it and it does work!

Last edited:

mprest4

Nov 14, 2001
i bought one from dennis kirk - it's the 25w bulb and works fine

think it was $3 for two of them

Part Number 22280
Manufacturer Imported
Type Bulb
Volts 12
Watts 25/25W
Length 1 3/4 in.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…