Creeper9

~SPONSOR~
Oct 28, 1999
Does anyone have a headlight shell for a 95 - present kdx that they would like to get rid of cheap? I destroyed mine on a slide into a stump. Drop me a line if you have one.

Thanks
Kurt

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
jr. has a spare but its in pretty tough shape

:think I'll ask him if he want to part with it.

Creeper9

~SPONSOR~
Oct 28, 1999
As long as all the mounting points are there and it's not cracked I'll take it. I blew my shell up last year when I decided to lowside into a stump. It's currently being held on by only one bolt and it flaps in the breeze unless I tie it down with a bungee cord. The light still works though:D .

On a completely different note, I noticed you are from Grass lake, do you happen to get up around the MIO / Kalkaska / trails at all? Where do you ride?

Talk to you later

-Kurt

Darryl K

Oct 10, 2001
I crashed into a tree earlier this fall and ripped the mounts( the plastic extensions of the headlight shell that bolt to the bike) from the headlight shell. The shell itself was still in very good shape so I took plumbers tape(predrilled metal strap) and reattached the shell to the mounts using small sheet metal screws then took clear silicone caulk and liberally applied it to the seams of the break. This is all on the back side of the shell and not even noticable unless your looking for it. It is probably stronger now than it was when new, may work for you too.

Darryl

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom