owenlo

Oct 28, 2001
2002 KDX200 headshake. Forks are level with tripleclamps, Oil level is 100mm, Clickers are out 9 clicks, Rear sag is 100mm, Tires are factory hard terrain dunlops, Still have a headshake problem. ANY SUGGESTIONS besides a $350.00 damper???

Thanks in advance,
Obie:silly:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Have you set the headset bearings so the handlebars dont flop to the side when it on the stand with the front wheel in the air?you should feel a slight resistance when moving the handlebars from lock to lock.

shockdoc

May 3, 2001
It depends when its headshaking. While your on the gas or off? These are 2 diff. probs. If while you are accelerating its shaking then raise your forks a little. If while braking then you will need to stiffen the forks a little.

doc

owenlo

Oct 28, 2001
ACCELERATING!!!

I'll try moving my forks up about 2mm at a time up to 5mm and see how that does. I'm willing to try anything at this point. Maybe even a little oil level adjustment to boot.

shockdoc

May 3, 2001
Usually when the headshaking is while accelerating its because there isn't enough weight on the frt. Either the back end to low or the frt. to high. If you have 100mm of rider sag and approx 1" of free sag the most likely its in the frt. If your forks are all the way flush then I think you'll find thats the prob.

doc

owenlo

Oct 28, 2001
Yep

It does want to push. It feels like the front end wants to wash out from under me.

P.S. anyone know how to check and adjust the front sag, just curious.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom