Heath Voss Race Bike...fast Reply Needed!

cr lover

Aug 6, 2001
i want to know what kind of abuse can be done by a pro rider to a 2001 cr 250 rode by heath voss. what are the pros and cons of buying his race/practice bike.are the fork tubes going to be shot?is the frame going to be weak? is the the bottom and top end of the motor going to need alot of work, other than minor work like pistons and rings valving and fork bushings ect.? a friend of mine is thinking of buying this bike on friday nov.29th
i would like to hear some good coments on this thread please.thanx dave.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
IMO i would stay away from a pros bike-they can do massive wear on a MX bike in only a few rides.Its no coincidence they have 7 bikes a year-they need to have 7 bikes.Paul Cooper used to bend fork legs/streach frames and do all sorts of general damage to the bike.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Rcannon : thats a good one .Crlover :your friend may not get a bad deal though If it has low time on it and comes with spares . Sometines race bikes are more maintained than play bikes . But you better check it out good though . Espescially if it looks like a chopper. On a Honda a good judge of time on bike can be deciphered by looking at like the R/S engine case where it says HONDA if the H is worn off it has alot of time on it . If its Voss bike Im sure its got some trick stuff on it which would make it more valuable . Check it over good .

cr lover

Aug 6, 2001
it was a late season bike so its looks like i hasnt been road alot. they want only $ 4,000 no tax. ill be looking for more replys. thanx alot for the quick replys that i have already recieved.

Husky Texan

Oct 6, 2000
If this is the bike located at Extreme Motorsports in Georgetown, Texas it is one trick bike. I was looking at it this past Saturday. It looks to be is excellent condition. Has every Tom Morgan trick done to the engine and suspension work front and rear. I suspect it will lengthen your arms.

I get a chance to see Heath race locally here in San Antonio and he simply rips! Hated to see him get off Honda and onto blue but he looks awfully good on the 450.

Good luck with the bike if you decide on it. 4 grand is a good price for all the goodies.

IBWFO

Aug 5, 2001
Heath is a super nice guy but I would listen to Marcus. It is a Tom Morgan engine and they are fast but not very reliable in the long run, and as far as stretching frames.........it is unreal how a good Pro can abuse a bike. I have ridden a local Pro rider's bike here in Texas after only a month and the bike was trash. We put a new top-end and a new clutch, then put all new plactic and cosmetics and it still was noticable.
Beware!!!

D

cr lover

Aug 6, 2001
just to keep you in touch he decided not to buy the bike.cons of buying the bike are what we thought, but we just needed to hear it from others thanx again to all.

Top Bottom