Rev-Loc,or E-F-M Auto Clucth

dixie

Feb 22, 2003
Hi, new to the web, Wife's pc. You Guy's have a lot of good info here hope you can help me out, and maybe be some help to you Guy's. My bike is 95 model bought new. I have most of the major mods. If I can make it I don't buy it. DON'T LAUGH these mods Work If you take the time and look at the product, and make your own saves lots of money. #1- FORK BRACE ------ Get to mufler clamps at auto store measure fork outer tubes get ether angle iron it 's the cheapest or aluimanum cut and mold to shape drill holds for clamps it will end up looking very simaler to the SCOTTS FORK BRACE CAUTION only torq to 2-3lbs so not to Damage the fork bushings and can be easly remove for your fork service. COST is about 8 bucks copared to 235 from SRC DON'T foget to notch out your fender your done. #2-EASEY CLUCTH AJUSTER ---put a spring on the ajuster and wala thumb ajuster COST 50 cents a real no Brainer saves you over 50 bucks #3-EASEY LEAVER----push out brass bushing go to hobby store hole is now 10mm-Get bearings for race car axle . COST 3 bucks compare to 45 bucks #4-Even a EASEY LEAVER---Down at the clucth arm weld no more than a half inch to lengthen 95 have weak clucth springs so I in stalled barnett heavey duty. I race hare scrambles & a few GNCC sen B class and have not replace re-pete have not replace the factory clucth yet. Cost----a peice of scrap metal. ONE MORE TIP can't tell all my secrets the first time on the web. #5-GAS CAP-----SPLITS at top if you twist to tight. Went through 2 of them cost 35$ each. Like I said befor if I can't make it OH yes I had to buy it. Here's the fix MOST of the HONDA XR-CR 85-93 gas caps fit. YES I hate to a mit it HONDA parts on MY Trusted KDX. AND now back to the auto clucth. I NEED the PRO'S and CON'S IS IT WOURTH THE PRICE Rev-loc $995 or the E-F-M-$595 price. And that's is something I wish I could make. I HOPE I have help some of you out there. NOW I NEED YOUR'S

MAKE THE KDX ALL IT CAN BE. I'M OUT OF HERE--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dixie

Feb 22, 2003
I'm NOT A GIRL wife's pc new to this web sight .

Been a week. I need help. I offed mind so I see no one needs my input. Just wanted to know about the rev-lock or the efm auto clutch . I tought someone out there had enough smarts or know to help me out . I am sorry If I was to straight forward or demaning in first thread . Need info GNCC is this weekend in NC steel creek.

Houndog

~SPONSOR~
Oct 11, 2002
'Dixie' I have no information on the clutch.

But... I am really interested in your mods ('95 KDX 200 here also), I must have missed your original post. Do you have any pictures of the mods? My email is houndog@nbnet.nb.ca

Did you notice a big difference in your fork brace?

TVRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 29, 2002
Sorry, I have no info on autoclutches either but welcome to DRN. I knew you weren't a girl 'cause they type much better ;) I like your mod's, especially the race car bearing in the clutch lever, very clever! :thumb:

karlp

Nov 13, 2001
Like your mods. I made a similar forkbrace for an OLD kawy I had. Worked pretty good. You are correct that many mods don't have to have a manufactures decal on them.
I'm not sure the auto clutch would be a good application for the KDX. I've only read, never used, but my impression is that the auto clutch has best application on the higher output bikes ie. big bore two strokes or hi po 4's.
I second that the clutch lever bearing is very clever, as is the quick adjust.

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
A lot of people know DRZ Tim or FireMedic from the SpodeFests, (he's the fast guy). Anyway, I'm pretty sure he's running the cheaper clutch that you're talking about and loves it! He's got it on a new CRF450. I thought they were actually cheaper than 595 though. He's got me considering one. Not sure if that helps or not....

dixie

Feb 22, 2003
Thank you for your replies, I will post more mods later when the old lady go's to work saids I stay on it to much you know new toy.

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
I rode Tim's CRF with the Auto Clutch. It was definitely "different." It works great on his CRF 450 in the woods because that thing has so much power. You can literally put it in 3rd or 4th gear and let the clutch do the work for you. I think it's a great mod for his big thumper but I'd still like to try one one on a two stroke.

canvet

Nov 10, 2001
Have had Rev-loc for almost a year on cr250. Amazing is the best word to describe. Less experienced or begineer riders have more to gain. Throttle control now so much easier. Experienced riders will have much less fatigue. Many riders are keeping quiet about their Rev-loc because of the great advantages. Two-strokes gain just as much rideability as 4-strokes.

Top Bottom