gncc193

Feb 15, 2004
I purchsaed a helmet cam but cantseem to find the right camcorder with the ability to record from the helmet cam.Any info that you may have would be helpful,brand of camera and model number etc........................

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Ask the company you bought it from?
Generally speaking, you'll need a cam with audio/video in.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
most cams i know of need rca jack inputs on the recorder. go to bestbuy. com and check the specs there

gncc193

Feb 15, 2004
Mine has the three rca plugs as well.I am just having a difficult time finding a camcorder with av input capabilities.Most are only output.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Go to crutchfield.com and dig throught their specs, you need something with AV input. If you are still not sure call them up as ask for confirmation. I have always found them to be very helpful. They also have good prices and a quick turnaround.

BTW, my helmet cam came with the female RCA connectors, and most camcorders come with an RCA to 1/8 cable for hooking it up to a TV, it works both ways and plugs into the helmet cam wires.

gncc193

Feb 15, 2004
I appreciate all the info.Okie thanks for the link,i printed out all the sony cams that are compatible.My luck,i bought the one out of the list that is not compatible.Im taking it back and swapping it out so i will let you know how it works.The link was very helpful to decide between mini dv and dvr.Its nice to be able to see the side by side shots to compare.

gncc193

Feb 15, 2004
Hey Okie! I finally found the right camera for the job.I ended up with two camcorders one is new in the box.Its an Canon Alera 100 with carrying bag and tripod.Just thought someone may be having the same problem i ran into trying to find a compatible camcorder.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
So I was thinking this would be a great gift to myself for Christmas. But alas, I got 2 Panasonics, a PV-DV203 and PV-DV910 and neither one have an AV Input.

The 203D has a DV, USB, and S-Video out and AV for headphones out, but nothing for in. Do any Helmet cams us a DV cable or USB?

gncc193

Feb 15, 2004
Hey bsmith,i checked both models for you and neither one are compatible for a helmet cam.I know thats not what you wanted to hear.I have one new in the box if you are interested.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Not much extra flow this time of year, but thanks.

Besides, they both were gifts from the misses, if I get a new one the fhit would hit the san ;) Ones a bit older and only records, but woould be perfect to pack around on rides!

Top Bottom