Jeepboy

Oct 25, 2000
I currently have an older Arai Helmet that has the removable mouth guard. Are the one-peice helmets stronger regarding frontal impacts? I'm looking to get a new helmet and see that Arai makes an MXC-Pro which is an upgrade of my current helmet. I would like a helmet with a strong mouth guard. Any thoughts? Also, anyone have any experience with the AXO MM Zero Carbon Helmet?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
After wearing open face helmets with a Jofa mouth guard, open face with a snap/bolt on mouth guard and full face helmets, I wonder how I ever survived the open face era. Today’s helmets that have the wrap around integral mouth guard are by far stronger than the other designs. The new designs and light weight materials make a full face helmet the only way to go. My full face Thor helmet is lighter than my old Bell open face from the 70’s

Brand is a matter of preference and available funds.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
I know a guy with the AXO Carbon Fiber. It is VERY, VERY light!!! But, it seems hot (like a suede robe in Louisiana in August) due to its plush interior and black color. Otherwise, it’s really comfortable.

IBWFO

Aug 5, 2001
I wear the AXO MM3 Carbon helemet and love it. As faras strength goes it is by far more impact resisitant by weight than fiberglass, but you pay for that too.
Regards:D

Top Bottom