bigbomber

Feb 25, 2005
Early this past summer I bought a kx 125 and learned to ride on it. In the time I have had this bike it has had several problems, and now the top end needs rebuilt, I don't think the bike is realy worth much more than it would cost to fix. Anyway I have been looking buying a different motorcycle. I have been thinking of getting more of a trail/enduro style bike. Right now there are two bikes in my area that I am looking at. One is a 1996 honda xr 400 and the other is a 1996 KTM exc 400. Both are similar in price and both seem to be in pretty good shape, so which would you go with and why? The biggest thing to me is which will be more reliable.

KDXman_88

Jul 27, 2004
I would opt for the KTM. they are very nice reliable bikes and it will have a nicer everything than the XR. but with that said i hear that the XRs are absolutly bulletproof. but still i would opt for the KTM

bigbomber

Feb 25, 2005
Thanks for the quick response. To tell the truth I like KTMs in general more than other brands, but the bulletproof reliabilty of the XRs has peaked my interest for sure.

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Get the KTM, much better, from what I have read here the XR has the potential to make riding boring. The KTM would be such a better bike if you had to choose, like on the price is right, I would bet on the KTM instead of the XR.

Top Bottom