Help me finish my KX65 James Stewart race replica

QuickSilver

Jun 15, 2005
Ok, this is kind of cool...I bought my daughter a 2004 KX65 for her 10th birthday (coming up April 16th). It was a bit beat up but it runs decent. She really wanted a shiny new KX65 so I decided to clean it up and, well, to make it look as much as possible like Bubba's current SX bike.

I tore off the plastics and got rid of the rust and repainted the frame. I got the Monster Energy '07 graphics kit from One Ind. I slapped a good looking number 7 on the plates. I'm almost done. One little detail is dogging me though...I'm looking for a pair of D.I.D. Chain stickers for the swingarm. The KX65 has a tiny little swingarm so the stickers can't be more than about 2"-2.5" wide.

Please PM me if you have some you can part with. I'll give you a few bucks for your time and trouble.

When I have it all back together I'll post photo's of the real deal and we'll see how it looks!

rachelsbiketrainingwheels.jpg

(the training wheels are just me kidding around so please, no flames!)

Last edited:

QuickSilver

Jun 15, 2005
The Monster Energy Team graphics kit came with a black gripper seat cover. As far as I know, nobody makes a seat cover that looks like the 2007 team seats for the KX65 (black sides/green top).

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
The seat with green sides and black top is stock on the 06 and 07. Check through the Parts Unlimited and Tucker Rocky catalogs at your loal dealer, they might have something close in there that you can trim down.

I think that you can get the black rims from Excel.

QuickSilver

Jun 15, 2005
The stock seat on the 06-07 models is indeed green sides/black top. The Monster/Kawasaki Team seats are opposite...black sides/green top.

Really, I just need the DID stickers and I'm done for my purposes.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Yeah, I get it, try the catalogs. I did notice that in the pic, you have DID stickers. For my son, I stopped at graphics and plastics (he bought the graphics himself but I footed the bill for the plastics parts). We were going for the ProCircuit look, but not trying to replicate the team exactly.

QuickSilver

Jun 15, 2005
If only doing the real thing were as easy as Photoshopping it. Well, here it is...the real thing:

DSC01407.jpg

Top Bottom