kdx Clark

Mar 18, 2002
I just broke one of the four studs that attach the right side of my front axle to the fork. The local dealer can't even find a part number for it (I looked on Kawasaki.com and I couldn't either). I walked around the shop and it looks the same as the ones on the XRs on the floor. Does anyone have any advice?

BKWoosley

Nov 5, 2001
I did this and just went out and got a bolt of the right size. Just grab the what is left with a pair if vise grips, back the broken stud out, replace with a bolt the correct size. Works great and you don't have to go looking for that stupid stud anymore. If the stud is broken so you can't grab it , drill it and use an easy-out on it.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
If you want to still use the stud drop me a PM and i will send you one (free). I have some extra since i had to replace a fork last year.

Last edited:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I rode my KX125 for six years with three studs on one side... :eek:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: use a bolt

Works....but it means you are continually 'messing' with threads IN the fork. Which would you prefer? Causing a problem in your FORK (crossthreading, stripping) or a problem on a relatively cheap and easily replaceable stud?

There are PNs for those studs. It's been posted here before.

Search and ye shall find (knowledge is power)....this:

If you ever need one of those studs, the Kawasaki part # is 172G0622
Courtesy of pursang262

*****edit***********

Just called my friendly local dealer. In stock. $1.75/ea.

Last edited:
Top Bottom