May 14, 2006
ktm250exc2000 plugs keep dying help

im having trouble with my orange machine ive changed it from on road to off road. iv put an fmf powercore silencer on it just for now removed obviose lights stand ect..... but when i run it the plugs seem to stop working as if there burnt out i run the fuel at 32-1 the mixture scew is out 1 full turn and the plug is a ngkbr8ecm but it just dont seem right to last about 2 hours and then it needs a new one PLEASE CAN ANY ONE HELP :bang:

May 14, 2006
help and advise needed

can any tell me what the proper carb settings is on a ktm250exc 2000 model as my plugs look oil feuled when they have fouled/died and im thinking it could be the mixture screw or the feul mix it self which i mix at 30-1 CAN ANYBODY HELP :bang:

May 14, 2006
help needed with ktm250 exc

help needed for my ktm 250 2stroke i use a ngkbr8ecm plug but it seems to give up after a couple of hours when taken out it has like an oil texture on it but when cleaned they dont work .............IS THIS A FEUL MIXTURE PROBLEM OR SOMTHING MORE LIKE RINGS...my mixture screw is out 1 1/2 turns and the mix is 50-1 as told by someone as im new to motorcross but it dont seem right...i was told today it could be firing incorectly/missing and to check the points.. but dont have a manual to find out any of the settings;PLEASE CAN ANY ONE HELP WITH THESE PROBLEMS ANY ADVISE WELCOME AND APPRIECIATED

May 14, 2006
help needed for my ktm 250 2stroke i use a ngkbr8ecm plug but it seems to give up after a couple of hours when taken out it has like an oil texture on it but when cleaned they dont work .............IS THIS A FEUL MIXTURE PROBLEM OR SOMTHING MORE LIKE RINGS...my mixture screw is out 1 1/2 turns and the mix is 50-1 as told by someone as im new to motorcross but it dont seem right...i was told today it could be firing incorectly/missing and to check the points.. but dont have a manual to find out any of the settings;PLEASE CAN ANY ONE HELP WITH THESE PROBLEMS ANY ADVISE WELCOME AND APPRIECIATED

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
A combination of small things might help.

Try turning out the airscrew another 1/2 turn. This will help lean out the low end and mid-range.

If the existing needle is not in the top groove, try raising the clip and dropping the needle one position. This will further lean out the mid-range.

Also, a mix of 40:1 will run slightly leaner than 50:1. More oil in the mixture = less gas, so the bike will run slightly leaner.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom