help!pinging with extream ratlying

wizard69

May 3, 2001
I finaly fired up my bike(2002 kx250)and it sound horible.It might be that I havn't heard a bike in al,ost a year but is like-bang,bang,bang,ping,bang,bang.lol.the bang's sound like a normal bike firing but the ping sounds like it comming from the silencer.this is only at idle(havn't riden it yet.)and also it is making a very hard vibration it is crazy.you can see the rear fender vibrating.what could this be?I hope it's nothing major.please work with me I couldn't find a better way to describe it.oh ya it was like +5 celcius when I tried to start it.thanx alot for any help

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
If it was last years gas it is a good possibility you are trying to pass varnish thru half clogged jets. fresh gas ,clean carb,repack silencer, would be first on my list.

wizard69

May 3, 2001
I had drained the tank and put premuim(91) gas in that I bought that day.what does detinations sound like?this probably insn't it but if it is i wana stop it.detination only havvens at high rpm's righ?I checked to see if the new plug(resistor)was hitting the top of the piston but it wasn't.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
detonation can happen at any time.You have fresh gas, now check the carb to make sure it is clean and operational,and the silencer packing.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
If it's only doing it at idle it is NOT detonation. If you expect anyone to help you'll have to provide more specific information than you have so far.

Last edited:

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Did your rod check out when you did the top-end? (No up or down play?)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom