Help Showa Sealhead?

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
Here is the scenario,

I blew the sealhead in my shock last week and have decided to replace it myself. I have the shock completely disassembled right now and it was actually quite easy. The problem is I don't know how to remove the seals from the actual sealhead. The shock is off a 2002 Cr250. The top out spring seams stuck in there. In the replacement sealpack from Honda there are 3 seals included and i can see where eash one goes but the other seal won't come out. I looked over Jeremy's site and it has no infomation on the actual sealhead. I don't want to proceed and screw anything up. Can you please help??

Erik

shockdoc

May 3, 2001
The top out spring is held in by a rubber top out piece. Just carefully pry that rubber piece out and it will come apart.

doc

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
Thankyou shockdoc. It took a lot of muscle to get that thing out. Everything is back together and working perfectly.:)

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
If you dont have the different sized bullet tools sometimes those multiple peice seals are easier to assemble when the seal head is on the actual shock shaft, esp some of the WP stuff .

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…