jayv70

Mar 15, 2005
Putting my bike back together and trying to figure out how the KIPS Shaft and gears go back together. Everything refers to the white pain on the gear, well, surprise no white paint is on the gear.

Can anyone give me some insight as tro how the gear and valves should be when they intersect the shaft and drive?

Thank you,

Jay

Dirtdame

Apr 10, 2010
What year model do you have? If all else fails, make sure that the arm and gears make the valves completely closed at rest and completely open when you operate the arm all the way out. You can peek in the exhaust port to check this out before you install the head and pipe. And if you can't remember which was right and which was left, install them and see if they look lined up on the edges with the exhaust ports. The edges should be fairly well matched and sloping downward to match the ports when fully opened.

dirtbikr99

Nov 21, 2002
Hi, Im no pro here but I had the same problem once.

I followed the directions exactly on how they should go in, however the ports and stuff were not full opened when opened. So I messed around with it for a while and just decided to set it up so that when the exhuast port was full open that the two other port thingys were also full open. But they also need to be closed completely when the main exhuast port is closed.

Not the best answer, but I figured it might help.

After I did that, I checked the timing marks and they were lined up. haha good luck.

Top Bottom