qweasd123

Jun 12, 2012
hi guys i just joined the forums and im getting my bike in 3 weeks.

my budget is under$500 and i found this bike in a nearby dealer. so can any1 tell me if it's good

125cc Lifan engine
Double Chassis
Certification: CE
Guarantee: 1Year
MOQ:10pcs
Delivery time: Within 10 days

Specification
Engine: Single cylinder,125cc,four-stroke,air-cooled
Drive System:1??Manual(International gear or rotary gear)
2??Semi-automatic(Rotary gear)
Transmission: Chain
Start Method: Kick start(With electric start)
Fuel Capacity:3.0 L
Front Suspension: Upside-down suspension
Rear Suspension: Single airbag shock
Front Brake: Disc brake
Rear Brake: Disc brake
Front Tire:2.50-14
Rear Tire:3.00-12
Vehicle Dimension:170 X 76 X 119 CM
Distance Between Axles:120 CM
Seat Height:75 CM
Max.Speed:85 KM/HOUR
Weight Capacity:200 KGS
Packaging
Measurement:143 X 43 X 78 CM
G.W./N.W.:72/67 KGS
Container Quantity:60 PCS/20 Feet,123 PCS/40 Feet,123 PCS/40'HQ

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
I basically learned on a chinese bike, a 200cc max motor engine, pretty similar to the lifan. If you are new to dirt bikes I'd take it. A bike which does not take much abuse so once you are better and getting to that bike's limit get an older 125 2 stroke. That's what I did anyway. That was 5 years ago :) :blah:

For learning it is great to go from weaker bikes to stronger and not vice versa.

If you get that bike make sure you doble nut every motor mount, those bike vibrate like crazy. The chain is another short coming no chain guard. and 428 is something not really good for serious dirtbiking.

qweasd123

Jun 12, 2012
This actually the only thing i can afford if it lasts for 2 years i will be happy. If I get more interested in biking I will buy a better one

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
If it is what you can afford and your heart is set on it. I hope it serves you well.

If nothing else it will teach you what you do and don't want in your next bike, right? :)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
qweasd123 said:
This actually the only thing i can afford if it lasts for 2 years i will be happy. If I get more interested in biking I will buy a better one
Then go for it. It will teach you valuable riding skills as well as maintanence skills. Both will serve you well in the future.

qweasd123

Jun 12, 2012
lol idk then what would be the price of a decent beginners bike?\

i found a 2003 honda xr70

and a 85 yamaha PW for 500 that needs a choke cable(no clue what a choke cable is lol)

also im 5'10 and 170 lbs i think i need to mention this because on one ad the person said max weight 140

Last edited:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Yeah a 70 is a pretty small bike. at 5'10" you are looking at at 125 stroke or 200-250 4 stroke.

Start poking around. My first full size dirt bike came from a junk yard. The guy had a bunch of them in running condition. He pointed at 4 or 5 and said 500$ your choice. Granted it was 1988 and $500 then was different from $500 now.

But, with a few side jobs you could have enough for a bike from a major mfg in short order.

Or, you can just go with your first choice and see what happens.
Me, I'd keep saving. But in the end it's your money and your choice.

Buy once, buy right is an adage that has served me well over the years.

qweasd123

Jun 12, 2012
Papakeith said:
Yeah a 70 is a pretty small bike. at 5'10" you are looking at at 125 stroke or 200-250 4 stroke.

Start poking around. My first full size dirt bike came from a junk yard. The guy had a bunch of them in running condition. He pointed at 4 or 5 and said 500$ your choice. Granted it was 1988 and $500 then was different from $500 now.

But, with a few side jobs you could have enough for a bike from a major mfg in short order.

Or, you can just go with your first choice and see what happens.
Me, I'd keep saving. But in the end it's your money and your choice.

Buy once, buy right is an adage that has served me well over the years.

i guess ill save up more ty

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
i guess ill save up more
Good decision. It's worth the wait to get something good, more appropriate for your size and that will last more than 1 or 2 rides. It'll cost less in the long run. Patience, grasshopper.

qweasd123

Jun 12, 2012
Okiewan said:
Good decision. It's worth the wait to get something good, more appropriate for your size and that will last more than 1 or 2 rides. It'll cost less in the long run. Patience, grasshopper.

lol grasshopper, also my friends said to ge the cheap Chinese bike to see if u like like b4 u get into anything serious and like learnt he basics so I don't screw up a good new bike

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
500$ on a chinese bike is 500$ down the drain. 850$ on an older kdx or similar decent bike will be resellable at minimal loss if you find you arent into bikes

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom