demon999

Nov 13, 2005
hey there.
yasterday i got my "new" bike :) kx 125 96

i have a few problems with it
and by the way i am new to all the MX stuff

1)when i ride the bike and puts it on neutral and stands still its turn off

2) my carb is leaking from a small aluminyum or metal pipe in the back of the crab-that way my fuel runs out very fast-thats why after every ride i need to close the fuel tank's switch

3)i have a lot of oil in the exhust area -mostly in the area that comes out of the engine

4)when i press on the rear brake to brake or just to slow down
the engine stops .and yes i brake with clutch i'm not that newbie :)
anyone can help me with one or more of this problems??

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
sounds like a few things going on that should be an easy fix.
1) carb leaking: sounds like it has a clog somewhere, take it apart, get some carb cleaner and spray it all down and make sure there is no dirt or gunk in the carb, also make sure your floats are in spec, a manual will tell you how, if you dont have one try to buy one.
2) bike shutting off: could results of the carb being clogged and possibly not correctly jetted
3) Engine/pipe spooge: Make sure your pipe is connected correctly to the engine, may need the metal ring that goes between the pipe and engine to seal it off, also could be corrolated with the jetting being off (to rich)
4) braking while using clutch stall: could be any of the 2 above or you need to adjust your clutch more, might not be fully releasing when your pulling it in, also can find how to in the manual.

Top Bottom