HELP!!! xr600 starting problems

Xr600rr

Jun 20, 2001
i have a 1999 XR 600r it used to run great. but, i have not started it for about a month and a half now and it doesnt want to start. it has 8,978 miles on it is that too much ? i have replaced the spark plug and it still doesnt want to start what should i do??

-thanks

highcountry

Jun 3, 2001
Check the obvious stuff. Is there fire at the spark plug? If you disconnect the fuel line from the carb and turn the gas on does fuel run out the fuel line? After trying to start it is the plug wet or dry? next time you pull the spark plug out check the compression. That shouldn't be to many miles but check anyway, you never know. Did it have and symptoms before it quit?

highcountry

Jun 3, 2001
Check the obvious stuff. Is there fire at the spark plug? If you disconnect the fuel line from the carb and turn the gas on does fuel run out the fuel line? After trying to start it is the plug wet or dry? next time you pull the spark plug out check the compression. That shouldn't be to many miles but check anyway, you never know. Did it have any symptoms before it quit?

bangsmic

Aug 15, 2000
When this happened to me, I opened up the drain screw on the right side of the card with a flathead screwdriver until gas would come out the drain tube and then closed it. Got the flow going and it fired right up.

Top Bottom