dansdr125

Apr 8, 2007
ok everone on here seems to no there stuff...i thought i might need new rings but some people say no....my cr 125 is smoking really bad.... i repacked muffler drained gas mixed new...and everthing.....starts u like 1-3 kicks ideas good...just smokes and oil sprys out the exhaust and no power when i ride it...can anyone help i dont wanna have tear bike down if that aint the problem...thanks for your help

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
How is the compression? That's a better indicator of ring wear.

What ratio are you mixing?

Are you using a good quality oil?

Could be that you need to jet it properly. Do you have a manual and enough knowledge to properly jet the carb?

dansdr125

Apr 8, 2007
ok 32.1....and i dont have a manual....anddont no how jet it feels pretty good on compression....but im going have it...tested...so ill let u no.... what the numners are i started it up to day smoked like crazy for a minutes then stoped rode it and it wuz bolging down like crazy....then after awhile....it died and ever since then i cant get it started

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I'd start by making sure the filter is clean. Then put a new plug in it.

Clean the carb. Could be a blocked passage.

Make sure you have fresh gas mixed at 32:1 with good quality oil, non of that Walmart crap.

dansdr125

Apr 8, 2007
yea i have a new filter...ill buy a new plug soon and by cleaning the curb like take it off and sock it in kerasoin gas....? what i told u does it sound like rings or something stupid....? cuz it sprays oil out the exhaust and bolgs on take off...? and smokes sometimes really bad....when u bearly kick it sounds like it has goos conprission....!!!!!thanks for the help

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
But is the filter clean and oiled?

Get a can of Carb Cleaner. Tear it apart, clean all of the passages.. Clean the jets, make sure everything in the carb is clean and not clogged.

Use an air compressor to blow thru the jets and whatnot to make sure they are clean.

Nope, doesn't sound like rings at all.. If the compression is good, it's probably just a jetting issue.

Are you losing trans oil?

dansdr125

Apr 8, 2007
the filter is brand new and the oil is coming out the exhaust...could that be a jetting problem...? and on my garage floor i seen little tranny fluid i changed the tranny the gas and the filter and all that when i got the bike the plug looked good....but im going go buy one....do u no what plug thr cr 125 use's...? and how u fix jetting is it hard...
?

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Hmmm. You don't know what plug the bike uses. You really need to buy a manual for this bike. Absent that, increase the amount of money in your bank account and take the bike to a dealer to fix. You have a problem. It may be jetting. It might be a crank seal. It might be a combination of things. But without more experience or a manual, you may need to seek the help of a professional or a friend who has dirt bike mechanical experience.

Jetting is not hard--explaining every single step without a manual is. It will require taking your carburetor apart several times (unless you're really lucky) and replacing things. A manual will have pictures that help a lot.

nsxxtreme

Apr 18, 2006
Sounds like the bike is running rich to me. Do you foul plugs often?

It would be easier for people to help you if the questions you asked were written in english.

Top Bottom