shaners259

Jul 31, 2007
help i dont know what to do i think my bike seized?this is how it went he said that he started the bike up and took off i guess he didnt warm it up,anyways he said that he sixth gear pinned it and the rear wheel locked up he stopped and tried to kick it over but the kickstart was jammed. im never letting anyone ride my bike again. by the way i own a 2005 kx125. how much do u think it would be to fix? please! help appreciated!

crkid33

Jun 20, 2007
yea sounds like it is. my cr is siezed up right now. i think if you get it done professionally it will run you around 350 to 450. if you do it yourself it will be way less.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
It depends on what's wrong. From the sound of it, it's cold seized..

The cylinder wasn't warmed up properly.. as you said.. If that's all that happened, it might not be too bad.

Could be as simple as a new piston and ring, or it could be as much as sending the cylinder and head to Eric Gorr to have it fixed.. (might as well get him to port it at the same time)

Only one way to find out, get out the tools and get wrenchin.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
yeah, take it apart and see...

You will probebley just need a new piston and rings, (which will cost about $100) And if the cylinder needs done they local shop will bore it out and hone it for $50, or just hone it for $20.. depending on whats wrong with it..

Just take the whole jug assembly to the shop and see what needs done... (piston, rings, and the head...)

Bunya

Apr 26, 2007
Moparman1539 said:
... if the cylinder needs done they local shop will bore it out and hone it for $50...
The cylinder is plated, it can't be bored. If the cylinder is damaged you'll have to send it out to be replated. I recently had mine done by US Chrome to the tune of $275 (prices went up). That did include welding some damage to the bore and return shipping.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Bunya said:
The cylinder is plated, it can't be bored. If the cylinder is damaged you'll have to send it out to be replated. I recently had mine done by US Chrome to the tune of $275 (prices went up). That did include welding some damage to the bore and return shipping.

Thats right, I just had the same service done in the spring. It'll be about 500 if it's really scored up for welding plating and piston kit. Call Eric, hell set you up, and you may be able to go 144 for little additional cost.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom