dansdr125

Apr 8, 2007
i got my carbs rebuilt on my 1997 cr125..ran it the day i got it fixed ran fine just little coppy up on top end it kinda cut out...?can anyone help on that one?number 2 problem..i broke the water jacket of the head i had get a new one put on but did not put new gasket on...started it back up last night it kinda smoked alot and gas wuz coming out one of the carb tubes...?and i let it warm up tried riding it start to cut out on me...can anyone help thanks

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
dansdr125 said:
i got my carbs rebuilt on my 1997 cr125..ran it the day i got it fixed ran fine just little coppy up on top end it kinda cut out...?can anyone help on that one?

Yep...the CR125 is supposed to have one carb. :rotfl:

Have you tried a brand new plug? Did the jets get changed in the carb? Fresh gas?

number 2 problem..i broke the water jacket of the head i had get a new one put on but did not put new gasket on...started it back up last night it kinda smoked alot and gas wuz coming out one of the carb tubes...?and i let it warm up tried riding it start to cut out on me...can anyone help thanks

The needle and seat is not shutting off the fuel flow to the carb. That causes an overly rich condition, or flooding. That is also possibly the cause of problem #1. Take the carb off, and set the float level following the instructions in your shop manual.
rtfm.gif

Rotor

dansdr125

Apr 8, 2007
Rotorranch said:
Yep...the CR125 is supposed to have one carb. :rotfl:

Have you tried a brand new plug? Did the jets get changed in the carb? Fresh gas?

The needle and seat is not shutting off the fuel flow to the carb. That causes an overly rich condition, or flooding. That is also possibly the cause of problem #1. Take the carb off, and set the float level following the instructions in your shop manual.
rtfm.gif

Rotor
thanks buddy...and my dude messed with the air screw and it stop smokeing and ran better i rode it at the trails today and ran pretty good could run better lil bulging in 1st gear..and i broke my damn cluth handle today...when do u know if u need a new cluth my cable screw is unscrewed as far as it goes and my cluth dont grab till the lever is alomost all the way out and it grabs weird?thanks

dansdr125

Apr 8, 2007
2 strokes for life said:
dansdr125, if you think that is har you are in for a world of hurt when the crank bearings need to be replaced.
i dont under stand what ur saying im sorry refase for me please thanks...

dansdr125

Apr 8, 2007
also guys i got oil coming out my exhaaust..i repacked my muffler when i first bought the bike..and iv only ridin it 1 time...

dansdr125

Apr 8, 2007
2 strokes for life said:
dansdr125, means your running rich.
is there away to stop running rich..?>should i adjust the air screw some more? and is thats why it bulgs on low end..intill about power band

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
dansdr125 said:
is there away to stop running rich..?>should i adjust the air screw some more? and is thats why it bulgs on low end..intill about power band

It requires re-jetting the carb. Do a search on jetting on this forum.

Rotor

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
dansdr125 said:
i dont under stand what ur saying im sorry refase for me please thanks...

Let me rephrase for you.

If you do not have the knowledge to remove your side cover and inspect your clutch, you will be in a world of hurt when you have to do something that requires splitting the engine cases.

Just tell us what answer you want to hear and we will give you that answer. :| Foxforks already gave you the proper answer. "Buy a manual and learn to jet your bike.."

Or, you can just waste our time until you hear the answer you want to hear. :coocoo:

Buy a dictionary while your at it.

dansdr125

Apr 8, 2007
Ol'89r said:
Let me rephrase for you.

If you do not have the knowledge to remove your side cover and inspect your clutch, you will be in a world of hurt when you have to do something that requires splitting the engine cases.

Just tell us what answer you want to hear and we will give you that answer. :| Foxyfrocks already gave you the proper answer. "Buy a manual and learn to jet your bike.."

Or, you can just waste our time until you hear the answer you want to hear. :cuckoo:

Buy a dictionary while your at it.
ok lets be a smart ass...that's why people make forums like this to help people...dumb ass...and thanks for some what of ur help...i already rebuilt the carb so there for i have to jet is still
?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
dansdr125 said:
ok lets be a smart ass...that's why people make forums like this to help people...dumb ass...and thanks for some what of ur help...i already rebuilt the carb so there for i have to jet is still
?

dansdr125.

Please allow me to explain something to you.

You asked a question and the first post by foxforks gave you a proper answer to your question. Several other members also gave you a correct answer. Obviously, it was not the answer you were looking for. You obviously don't have a clue as to how to repair your motorcycle and rather than accept the answers given, you keep asking until you hear what you want to hear. This happens a lot on these forums. Someone asks a question but the answer is not the answer they want to hear. So just tell us what you want to hear and it will save us a considerable amount of time.

Your profile says you are 21 years old but, your post and the way it was written suggests you are about 12. If you want a proper answer then write your post in a proper way using correct spelling and grammar. Otherwise, very few of the knowledgable people here will even bother to read it. Many of us go out of our way to answer these questions if we can understand what the poster is trying to say. Your incoherent dribble is very hard to read and I and others here usually pass over these kinds of posts.

You will notice when you post there is a spellcheck feature at the bottom of the page. Use it! :nod:

Also, if you want to remain here on DRN you will clean up your language.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Very well put Terry. ;) 89er really isn't a dumbarse or smartarse, haven't fugured what he is but it's somewhere in between.

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
dansdr125 said:
i got my carbs rebuilt on my 1997 cr125..ran it the day i got it fixed ran fine just little coppy up on top end it kinda cut out...?can anyone help on that one?number 2 problem..i broke the water jacket of the head i had get a new one put on but did not put new gasket on...started it back up last night it kinda smoked alot and gas wuz coming out one of the carb tubes...?and i let it warm up tried riding it start to cut out on me...can anyone help thanks

dansdr125 said:
thanks buddy...and my dude messed with the air screw and it stop smokeing and ran better i rode it at the trails today and ran pretty good could run better lil bulging in 1st gear..and i broke my damn cluth handle today...when do u know if u need a new cluth my cable screw is unscrewed as far as it goes and my cluth dont grab till the lever is alomost all the way out and it grabs weird?thanks

dansdr125 said:

The third post in this thread gave you the answer you need, but yet I don't see where you heeded the advice given by any of the posters that answered your question.

There is a problem with the carb. Fuel flows out the overflow. Either the float level is too high, or the float is stuck. That will make the engine run rich. You can fiddle with the air bleed, the jets, whatever...but it won't fix the float level problem.

Looking over your past posts from the last 6 months, and judging from your technical abilities, and willingness to learn, you obviously need to find something less technical to ride. Something more your speed. Maybe something like this:

radio-flyer-classic-red-tricycle-12.jpg

Rotor

dansdr125

Apr 8, 2007
Rotorranch said:
The third post in this thread gave you the answer you need, but yet I don't see where you heeded the advice given by any of the posters that answered your question.

There is a problem with the carb. Fuel flows out the overflow. Either the float level is too high, or the float is stuck. That will make the engine run rich. You can fiddle with the air bleed, the jets, whatever...but it won't fix the float level problem.

Looking over your past posts from the last 6 months, and judging from your technical abilities, and willingness to learn, you obviously need to find something less technical to ride. Something more your speed. Maybe something like this:

radio-flyer-classic-red-tricycle-12.jpg

Rotor
thanks for everthing i aint going to fight over the web with everone thats plain stupid..but im new to dirtbikes i own a street bike and its fuel injected i dont know **** about carb's yea i should have read the stickys first but had know time..and thanks for everones help im not really worried about spelling im not in class or school so what matters...?but its w/e

Jan 3, 2007
Rotorranch, you might be funnier here then GOR.

dansdr125, So your asking the questions and yet were the stupid ones, you did not have time to read the stickys but you have time to post why you did not have time to read them, and what good is proper english anyways?

dansdr125

Apr 8, 2007
2 strokes for life said:
Rotorranch, you might be funnier here then GOR.

dansdr125, So your asking the questions and yet were the stupid ones, you did not have time to read the stickys but you have time to post why you did not have time to read them, and what good is proper english anyways?
for 1 i never called anyone stupid for 2 do u gotta be like everone else and jump on my case i said its stuiped to fight online...cuz we aint never going see each other but if this is going to be notting but fighting on this subject then lock the post... :blah: :blah:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
dansdr125 said:
for 1 i never called anyone stupid for 2 do u gotta be like everone else and jump on my case i said its stuiped to fight online...cuz we aint never going see each other but if this is going to be notting but fighting on this subject then lock the post... :blah: :blah:

We aren't fighting, just asking that you use the tools available to you in order for us to understand what it is you are saying.

You don't care that you write as if you are a 12 year old? Fine, we will be forced to treat you as if you are a 12 year old.

If you want the respect that is afforded the majority of the posters on this forum, do us a small favor and try to write something we can understand.

There is absolutely no excuse to use the crappy spelling and grammar that you use, when you have a spell check available to you, every time you post.

If that's just too much for you to handle, may I suggest downloading Firefox. It's a superior browser to Internet Explorer in many ways, but one of the features that I find very useful is the inline spell check.

As I type, it will show me words that are misspelled. It doesn't catch everything, but most things. Then, if I right click on the misspelled words, It will even show me a list of possible words that it thinks fit with what I was trying to spell.

I am no genius with spelling, but with the tools I have available to me, I am 100% positive that you and everyone else that reads this post will understand everything I have said with out any effort on their part.

If you would just show a modicum of effort on your part, we would be very happy to hold you hand thru whatever is troubling your bike.

Yes, you are not in school here.. But, you are in the world and how you present yourself reflects on the type of person you are, and if you present yourself as a lazy slob, I for one do not want to help you.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Dan, don't get us wrong, we are here to help but understand this is not a site to pop in and act like a child. We are mostly adults, minus 89er, and the rest are young people with respect and we respect folks that come here as long as they do the same. Proper English makes your thoughts, suggestions and questions more understandable as well as respectful. Acting mature will get you far here, if you choose to do otherwise, then we probably won't be able to help you. I believe your question was answered numerous times already. Save the childish behavior for another site. If you choose to hang around here for a while, trust me, you will swim in the vast knowledge that flows here and as a plus, you will indeed mature into a young adult that will have something to offer here as well. Good luck.
Elk

dansdr125

Apr 8, 2007
a454elk said:
Dan, don't get us wrong, we are here to help but understand this is not a site to pop in and act like a child. We are mostly adults, minus 89er, and the rest are young people with respect and we respect folks that come here as long as they do the same. Proper English makes your thoughts, suggestions and questions more understandable as well as respectful. Acting mature will get you far here, if you choose to do otherwise, then we probably won't be able to help you. I believe your question was answered numerous times already. Save the childish behavior for another site. If you choose to hang around here for a while, trust me, you will swim in the vast knowledge that flows here and as a plus, you will indeed mature into a young adult that will have something to offer here as well. Good luck.
Elk
your right but i aint going fight online like a little 12 year old i guess people get mad cuz i cant spell,im sorry im not a good speller or know how to use grammer better then someone else that makes you people look like assholes making fun of how someone spells...so thats why im saying sorry by jumping on here as what u people say and asking quistions i read some stickys but id rather get couple of you peoples advice...if that hurts i want ask anyother quistions and sign up on a new site...thanks and lock this post

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
dansdr125 said:
your right but i aint going fight online like a little 12 year old i guess people get mad cuz i cant spell,im sorry im not a good speller or know how to use grammer better then someone else that makes you people look like assholes making fun of how someone spells...so thats why im saying sorry by jumping on here as what u people say and asking quistions i read some stickys but id rather get couple of you peoples advice...if that hurts i want ask anyother quistions and sign up on a new site...thanks and lock this post

Not sure that will make any difference. For 6 months, the folks here have been trying to give you good advice...you haven't used it.

It was suggested you get a manual for your bike. Have you?

It was suggested you set the float level. Did you?

THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL YOU CAN HAVE FOR YOUR BIKE IS A MANUAL!!!

We tried to help...you refused the advice. I'd say you are up shift creek without a paddle.

My work here is done. :|

Rotor

I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone not equipped. :bang:

Top Bottom