YammyD

Mar 15, 2006
Hope everyone is doing well.
My name is Darrin, turned 40 last summer and bought myself a Harley Davidson Sportster for my Birthday. I love cruisin' the back roads with my fiancee Peg on the back and she loves it as well. But............ The Sporty wasn't enough to quench my thirst for speed & excitement. So last week I got a great deal on a new '05 Yamaha YZ250 and I'm getting ready to head out on the trails for the first time in many years. Really looking forward to it. I bought my first dirt bike probably way before most of you were born. It was 1974, I was 9 years old and the bike was a Yamaha YZ80A, yup the first year for the YZ80. Man, looking back, it was a dog. But I had my fun & got my share of bumps & bruises. Planning on taking an MX course soon so I can, to get the MAX enjoyment outta my YZ. Alright, enough :blah: :blah: :blah: I'm gonna hit the trails. :aj:
Looking forward to learning alot from you all. Take care.

Peace,

Darrin

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Welcome to DRN!

Glad to hear that you started you child hood over :) Don't be offended I was 12 when you were 9. :yikes: You will find a lot people as experienced, or more as yourself here, as well as a lot not so experienced.. Anyway you came to the right place. Have fun on the trails :cool:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch.

Hah ... I was driving ... :ahhh:

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions!

wr 1157

Mar 19, 2006
hey that was my first bike a 1986 yz 250 , bit of a handful but good fun to learn on, prefer the 2 stroke husky`s now tho .my next bike might be a yam wr426. good bike`s :blah:

lyonsd

Apr 3, 2006
YammyD said:
Hope everyone is doing well.
My name is Darrin, turned 40 last summer and bought myself a Harley Davidson Sportster for my Birthday. I love cruisin' the back roads with my fiancee Peg on the back and she loves it as well. But............ The Sporty wasn't enough to quench my thirst for speed & excitement. So last week I got a great deal on a new '05 Yamaha YZ250 and I'm getting ready to head out on the trails for the first time in many years. Really looking forward to it. I bought my first dirt bike probably way before most of you were born. It was 1974, I was 9 years old and the bike was a Yamaha YZ80A, yup the first year for the YZ80. Man, looking back, it was a dog. But I had my fun & got my share of bumps & bruises. Planning on taking an MX course soon so I can, to get the MAX enjoyment outta my YZ. Alright, enough :blah: :blah: :blah: I'm gonna hit the trails. :aj:
Looking forward to learning alot from you all. Take care.

Peace,

Darrin

Wow. We're the same age. We both have Harleys for the street. We both started off with a YZ 80. And we're both into 2-stroke 250 motorcross bikes now. But wait! There's more! Our first names both start with "D". :rotfl:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom