Scott in KC

~SPONSOR~
Aug 28, 2000
Dude, got the new stator today...IT DID THE TRICK!

I almost cried when I hit the button.

Man, I can't believe it was the ignition all along. I have all but set fire to this damn thing in the last few weeks. It doesn't even crank over once and it's lit! And the dead spot in the midrange is gone too, it just rips from bottom to top!

I'm going to call Eric's tomorrow and thank them personally and find out about that ignition cover mod and if the recommend it.

Thanks for your help & experience with the Husaberg!

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Glad it worked out, I was always able to fix my 'Berg by shovelling money at it :scream:

Don't know if Eric ever did the ignition vent - I'd try and find a pic on the web somewhere of Smets when he was riding them, try an Italian site as he was based from the Vertemati camp when they were running the race team.

I believe it was about 1" diameter and roughly a tangent to the flywheel . If your mag cover is aluminum I would port a hole in it and then epoxy a tube in there and run the hose up under the tank or somesuch. (Actually I'd sell it and buy a KTM, but that's just me :confused: )

Scott in KC

~SPONSOR~
Aug 28, 2000
I'm right behind you on the KTM deal. Just wanted to get this thing fixed so I can at least get a respectable "husaberg" price out of it or trade it...probably wait until this winter though. Like to see the new Cannondale in action as well.

Thanks again man! Great board & great folks here to help. Honestly don't know what I would do without this place.

Scott

Top Bottom