Hey Micahdwag, Sick 96 250, and ROG, I have shifting probs!!

joelyles2004

Mar 5, 2004
I just rebuilt my bike entirely. The first 5 times i rode, the shifter was going too far and not retracting, but i t was shifting into all gears. Now since the last weekend, it will only shift into 1 2 3 gears and neutral takes forever to find now.(by hand) You guys ever had this problem. I know its not my shift forks or tranny, i inspected them before i put them back in. I have a feeling it may be the piece that move back and forth against the clutch basket, maybe too tight? It has a return spring on it and a funny needle bearing washer thing on it too that contacts with the clutch basket. Help? :ugg: :ugg:

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
not sure if this is your problem or not, but when you put the clutch back together there is a little bearing that you have to center when putting it back together or it will push the clutch plates and everything out on an angle instead of everything straight. does it stick while the bike is off and you just try to shift into the gears or is it only when trying to ride it.

joelyles2004

Mar 5, 2004
Its stuck and shifts the same way, bike on or off

The bike shifts the same, on and off. Ill check on that bearing theory. Im gonna have all day Monday to pull it apart and check everything out though. I should be able to isolate the problem. Thanks, ill check on that though.

Top Bottom