Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Its 2 magnets.One either side of the fuel line.Meant to give more fuel effiency/power/reliablity/cleaner clother/better bed time stories etc.

MBFTY

Uhhh...
May 4, 2001
ATV Action Test

(ATV Magazines DO contain real information. Would you have deleted this if I had gotten the information from DirtBike or Motorcyclist?)

4 Wheel ATV Action did a test on two such products in their September 2001 issue...

They tested the Fitch Fuel Catalyst and The Fuel Saver 2000, both similiar products. The test vehicle was a 1987 Chevy Chevy Sprint.

The Fitch Fuel Saver increased fuel mileage from 36.16 to 36.95mpg. This means they got 5 and a half more miles out of every tank of gas. Not TOO bad, but not the increase the package claimed.

The Fuel Saver 2000 hardly worked at all. This product increased mileage from 36.16 to 36.20mpg. Hardly and increase to speak of... Traffic conditions could have made a bigger difference.

To sum it up, one of them (Fitch Fuel Saver) actually DID work, but not enough to warrant rushing out and getting one.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
It must be very hard to prove a device gives such a small increase in economy-the conditions tested would have to be very tightly controlled.The engine not firing first time(if this was every day driving) would make that much difference.

B

biglou

An interesting theory:

I've read of a theory that states that people with these devices (or pour-in additives) tend to drive a little less aggresively, trying to milk every last mpg out of each gallon, validating the purchase of the device/additive, thereby increasing their efficiency through their change in driving habits alone. This makes the device/additive a placebo, IMO.
If folks would drive sensibly to begin with, they would see the same result without wasting money on these "crutches". JMHO.:)

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I'm not endorsing those devices, but it would seem that they would work better on a truck or some other vehicle that was not already very gas efficient?
Just my $.02
Kevin

Yamamoto

Uhhh...
Apr 3, 2001
LMAO But still going

* Reduces Emissions by 43% Hahaha and HA!

Don't you think all cars would come with these from the factory? A magnet is much cheaper then a smog pump or a cat..

I see this ending up in the flame board maybe I have esp, but I really really want Rich break this magnet into pieces for us. Maybe its too bad they did not explain their theory.

* No TOOLS required!
* Installs in seconds!
* Improves Power
* Maximizes Energy
* Improves Mileage
* Improves Torque
* Cleaner Engine
* Smoother Engine
* Reduces Emissions by 43%
* Protects Catalytic Converters
* Prevents Diesel Gelling
* Improves Spark Plug Life
* Maintenance Free
* Pays for Itself within 60 days!

Will Increase Your Gas Mileage by up to 27%!

If you buy that I'll throw the golden gate in free ....yeehaw!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom