Hey SoCal Crew....(need some trail advice)

socaltrlrdr

May 8, 2001
I belong to a motocross club comprised of all police and firemen. We are planning a little trail excursion in may. One of the boyz has property that connects to "cleghorn". Could we take cleghorn to silverwood and connect to miller's canyon on the bikes? Or is it to much "street" time to make it to Miler's canyon?

Or would we be better of just staging at "Miller's caynon"?, and is there enough room there for say 15 or so truck's and bikes?

Or could we stage on the"173" side of silverwood lake?

Our plan is to make it up to "Pinnacles" and down into deep creek and return. Any advice from the trail experts would be much appreciated. :confused:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Im 99% sure that there is no way to connect Cleghorn to Miller Canyon by dirt. If your riding dual sports you can hop on 138 for a couple miles.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by RMjeff
Im 99% sure that there is no way to connect Cleghorn to Miller Canyon by dirt. If your riding dual sports you can hop on 138 for a couple miles.

He should say "no LEGAL way"

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Great, a bunch of cops on bikes, that's all we need!!:moon: :):)

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
Great, a bunch of cops on bikes, that's all we need!!:moon: :):)

Didn't I see you in the new "Chimps" epsisode with Paunch , John and Elk. :moon:

FYI you look better in the spandex uniform :p

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
We did the very ride you are talking about, Miller canyon to Deep Creek, just a few months ago. Several of us were on 2-strokes, and were able to make it all the way to the trail-head of the Malcolm Smith trail before we had to head back.
I think next time I go back I would like to stage at the Pinnacles, so I would be able to include the MS trail in the loop! :cool:

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
Boy, I think we went a couple of miles up Malcolm Smith. We stopped at the creek crossing. I have gone that far with other 2 smokers and we made it back. Close to 40 miles. Maybe 45. It all down hill at the end.

You`ll have fun. Great trails around the Pinnacles.

socaltrlrdr

May 8, 2001
Yes, I was wondering if there was a "legal" route from cleghorn to millers canyon. Don't think a bunch cops and hosedraggers blasting down the 138 would be a good idea. Well, maybe a mile or two wouldn't hurt. But looks like we will have to stage at miller's canyon or just stage at pinnacles.

ELK: if you want to really see a bunch of cops on bikes, check out WWW.FIREPOLICEMX.COM. We have lot's of chippies racing with us. There the slow ones!!!!!!.................HA. ;)

LONGTIME: check PM

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Oh, you had to go there didn't you!! I guess if I worked 2 days outta the week I'd have more to ride too!!:p:) I've already been to the F&P National in Perris before, those damn firemen, can't beat them!! We've gotta ride together. Check the local riding at Elsinore, I go there quite a bit mid week. Would be easy for a fireman to do.:p :)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
those damn firemen, can't beat them!!

:silly: :eek: :confused: :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
You have a way with words farty9er! The last one does look like you though, no teeth!!!:):):):p

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom