Hi from Wisconsin

xq89olp

Jan 30, 2005
I'm new here. Came in to find out about things for my 03 XR650L. I'm going to be doing some mostly cosmetic mods this spring. I have a White Brothers header and E-Series pipe. The carb has been jetted. I have a K&N filter. The pipe kind of fit like poop. I had to shim it away from the frame, cut the swingarm splash guard, and move the turnsignal. But I like the way it looks and sounds. Helped in the power depatment also. I have the smog block off waiting to go on. I'll be adding a CFR230 front fender, IMS tank, Cemto rear fender, Acerbis hand guards, and some kind of tail light set up. I'll be painting everything black including the side plates. Any suggestions would be helpful. I look forward to gloming on to some good info from the boards.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
xq89olp said:
... I have a White Brothers header and E-Series pipe .... But I like the way it looks and sounds.

Please be sure that sound doesn't become an issue. We all have to be good neighbors.

Welcome to the site :cool:

I see where you have gone to your User CP and updated information relating to your location. Grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

xq89olp

Jan 30, 2005
Well, I do have the quite pack in the muffler. It is still a bit loud but not obnoxious.

Let's see, I've been riding motorcycles since about 92. Mostly street but I've had a couple dirtbikes. My first was a 87 CR125. Didn't really fit my riding style. I'm not aggressicve enough for that kind of bike. So I got a 96 KDX200. That bike was great. Perfect for me. But as time wore on and my friends and I got tired of driving a couple hours each way for a decent place to ride it sat more and more. I think the last two years I had it, it didn't move. So it went away. Then I saw the XR650L. It seemed like a perfect compromise. Most of my riding is street but occasionally I get to see some dirt. I'm in south eastern Wisconsin. Anywhere near me that I could ride is a touch on the illegal side. But now I have a bike that I can get some use out of for either street ror dirt. And I'm having a ball with it. Hopefully after I'm done with changing some stuff I'll have a unique bike that will be fun to ride. I'll post some pics when it is done. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…