joesporty

Oct 1, 2009
new guy here....im 26 from southwest lower michigan...just bought a crf125 from my buddy....this is my first dirt bike...ive rode plenty never owned one....i have two motorcycles..a 2008 harley sportster..and a 1976 kawasaki kz750...i love riding...
its stock except for the pipe...looking to do a few mods...not racing it...just hitting some trails with my buddys..doing some wheelies..nothing hardcore...
its allready got an fmf race pipe on it...so whats next...k&n air filter and rejet the carbs....anybody got any ideas..

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
What's next is to ride the heck out of that 125 and gain some experience with turning, going fast over whoops, learning how to quickly transition from speed to turn, and back again. Don't get too caught up on making the bike faster until you are out-riding the bike.

You are probably more better served with adjusting your suspension compression and rebound, front & rear, before working on the engine. That'll make it more fun to ride than any filter or re-jet.

joesporty

Oct 1, 2009
thanks transam.....im riding it pretty hard...they guy i bought it from let me take it up north last spring....nobody could keep up with me thru the trails...im a strong believer in riding things like you stole them...

the suspension feels good....im not getting the thing more than a few feet off the ground..i could really use some new tires how much is a tire for one of these thing going for...anything special i need to know about the tires..one brand better than the others...replace the stock with something wider??

Top Bottom