Feb 22, 2006
Checking in from Cascade, Wisconsin. Have been mostly a street rider. Did a few dirty things in the late '60s and early '70s on a Honda SL350, a Yamaha 175, and a Husky 250. I recently picked up a very clean XR650L and have customized it with a Clark 4.7 gal. tank, Acerbis shields/deflectors, Bell mirrors, Mikuni slider carb, foam air-filter, and some aggressive Dunlop DOT knobbies. A lowering link was on the bike when I got it. I have also equipped the bike with Wolfmann bags on the flyscreen, the tank, and tank saddle bags, and a DX windscreen in front of the fly-screen.

I am getting ready to revisit a few places in southern California and want to ride the passess and trails in Colorado. Local trips will include the some of our Wiscosin forestry roads and trails. If I can handle it, I would also like to try a few advernture trips to Mexico, Canada, and Alaska.

I'll be lurking on this page and few others mostly to pick up good information. This summer I am riding one of the early dual-purpose bikes, a 1966 Honda Scrambler, around Lake Superior. Dennis in Wisconsin

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site Dennis.

You are never too old to be new, besides if you once had a Husky 250, you ain't no newbie. A returning wasbie maybe, but no newbie. :)

Check out my ride reports on Moab and Big Bend in the Ride/Race Reports forum. I am jonesing for a ride to Copper Canyon and we are shooting for 2007, if you are interested. I will post a notice when thing firm up. I have created a 1554 mile DS loop in West Texas and SE New Mexico that I am researching now before taking a bunch of folks on it. It will be a seven day ride.

We are also working on a ride that goes up one side of the Rio Grande in Mexico and back down the other in America.

I got a XR650R last year and absolutely love riding it. If we get enough DS guys I may have to beg Okie to turn the DS forum back on. It died for lack of participation, but we have more members with DS machines than I can remember since joining the forum.

If you get dates set for Colorado, post them up. You might get a few tagalongs.

Thanks again for signing up and welcome! Shout if you have any questions.

Top Bottom