Kryssie

Sep 25, 2004
Hi all, Im not a new rider but haven't ridden in quite a while. Errr I have been doing the quad thing :)
Hubby bought me a TTR125L a few weeks ago. I was trying to ride his KDX220 but it was just too tall for me. I couldnt kick start it without it tipping unless a picnic table was handy :bang:
Anyway, the TTR is ok for now but I wish it had more power. After riding his bike which has had work done to it (it flies) its almost like getting on a goat. :laugh:
Anyway, glad I found this site and hope to learn a few things! :yeehaw:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Welcome

Dede

May 23, 2004
Welcome. I also have a ttr. I haven't been riding long so it was a great bike for me to start on. So your hubby has a bike too? Does that mean you guys get to ride together? I ride w/ my hubby, Joe and it's great to share that time together. You'll find this is a great site w/ alot of great people so enjoy.:)

Kryssie

Sep 25, 2004
Dede said:
Welcome. I also have a ttr. I haven't been riding long so it was a great bike for me to start on. So your hubby has a bike too? Does that mean you guys get to ride together? I ride w/ my hubby, Joe and it's great to share that time together. You'll find this is a great site w/ alot of great people so enjoy.:)

Yes, we do when time isnt an issue :bang: Our 7 year old son also has a kaw 50 ;)
Thanks for the welcome!

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Welcome Kryssie,

What size are you? Does the ttr fit you well? If you are looking for something with a little more power you may want to look into a KX100. That's what Wendy 5'4" (my Ex) moved up to from her ttr125L and she loved it.

Kryssie

Sep 25, 2004
KelvinKDX said:
Welcome Kryssie,

What size are you? Does the ttr fit you well? If you are looking for something with a little more power you may want to look into a KX100. That's what Wendy 5'4" (my Ex) moved up to from her ttr125L and she loved it.

Thanks for the suggestion! I am going to prb trade this TTR in come tax time. I like it but its kinda slow. Although I just dumped it after jumping a hill, laid it down then hit the fence. OUCH. :eek:
I am 5 ft 8, not tall enough for the KDX220 but the TTR is good handling size for me and my weight. The KDX is very heavy for me. I could stand a bike just a little taller, maybe a couple inches? :laugh:

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
if you are 5foot 8 you should reconsider the KDX200. I'm 5'8 and ride the kdx w/ no problems. It's light enough to lean over flatfooted and kickstart w/ ease. Goodluck!

mmulishakid

Oct 3, 2004
Kryssie said:
Hi all, Im not a new rider but haven't ridden in quite a while. Errr I have been doing the quad thing :)
Hubby bought me a TTR125L a few weeks ago. I was trying to ride his KDX220 but it was just too tall for me. I couldnt kick start it without it tipping unless a picnic table was handy :bang:
Anyway, the TTR is ok for now but I wish it had more power. After riding his bike which has had work done to it (it flies) its almost like getting on a goat. :laugh:
Anyway, glad I found this site and hope to learn a few things! :yeehaw:
I ride a TTR also but im getting a YZ125, there are a bunch of inexpensive modifications you can do to make your bike alot faster. like get an exauhst system, i prefer the fmf power core 4. you can get a uni pod airfilter wich allows better airflow. you can also get new fork springs and rear shock for better suspension. you can get a bbr end cap. thats just a few of the many things you can do. My TTR is just as fast as the 85 2 stroke. with all the mods.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts. We all just got back from a family gathering at Cooperland Raceway near Stillwater Oklahoma. Great family fun :yeehaw:

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

Top Bottom