woza05

Jul 19, 2007
help me my cr 500 1986 has no spark i have a litte spark out of the cdi but when put to coil nothing is it the genarater or the coil even the cdi is there a quick fix for it and were can i find new stuf

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Hmmm . . . even after editing, I see a definite need for the Red Foreman Dumbass To English Translator (RFDTET) patent pending

You said:
woza05 said:
help me my cr 500 1986 has no spark i have a litte spark out of the cdi but when put to coil nothing is it the genarater or the coil even the cdi is there a quick fix for it and were can i find new stuf

After running this through the RFDTET, we can ascertain the following:

translated woza05 said:
Hello fellow dirt biking acquaintances. I am in dire need of assistance. I possess a 1986 (MCMLXXXVI) Honda Motor Company CR500R Closed Course Competition Model Motorcycle. I have recently discovered the absence of ignition spark necessary for burning the atomized air-fuel mixture inside the combustion chamber. There does seem to be a modicum of spark out of the capacitor discharge ignition, but there is an absence when the spark plug is connected to the coil.

My query is threefold:
  1. Is the problem to be found in the coil, the generator, or the capacitor discharge ignition?
  2. Is there an immediate repair?
  3. Where can I find replacement parts for a two-wheeled vehicle of this vintage?
Thank you for your time and efforts in assisting me in finding the solution to this matter.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
omg ha ha ha the rfdtrecslr??? thing ha ha yea im pretty sure he would look even weirder if he said it like that. as for the questions im no mechanic sorry. dont know much except the basics

Top Bottom