Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
I finnaly got all my clutch parts to day. This weekend I am gonna pull the old basket out, and instally my new hinson. I was reading in the directions about griding and stuff, I think I can handle that, but what about the kickstarter gear? Is it as hard to put in as they make it sound? Should I have it pressed in the basket or just go with the freeze and heat method?

P.s, do I have to remove the whole side case to get the basket out? It appears the in enough room for it to slide out, anyone know? 2000 cr250.

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
i dont know if this helps but i put a hinson basket in a kx125 and it was not toO bad i had to remove the whole side cover (not just the clutch cover) i used the heat the basket and freeze the kick starter method and it worked but it was still a tight fit (i had to tap it into place with a socket and hammer i don't know if this is the best way but it worked two years ago and the clutch still works great)the whole job was not to bad if you are handy with tools you will do fine just TAKE YOUR TIME AND DON'T RUSH this might take you a while to do ,but if you take you time and follow the directions you will be fine

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
whilst we are on this topic, has anyone used the Performance engineering billet clutch basket? they look like the Hinson and are amchined from billet and then andonized, but are quite a bit cheaper.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom