FMFHonda161

Jul 11, 2002
This weekend me and my dad got an FMF Fatty pipe for my 2001 CR 80. Last night we went to put it on and got it all on, then i told him about hearing about the homemade shorty someone on Dirtrider had made. We decided that since my dad is really good with bikes that we might as well go for it. We cut it down to about 6 inches or maybe 6 and 1/4, anyways it rips. I can pull everything in one gear higher and now i am always in the power band because of the torque that the silencer made and all the power that was gained in the Low, Mid, And High end from the Fatty. Everyone is always asking how to get more low and mid for the 80's, well this is deffinately the way to go. It worked great and it was free for the silencer, and since we bought a used Fatty, it was only $50. This is deffinately the way to go if you are an 80 lookin for low to mid power. I hope that this benifits to a lot of people. Tell me if it helps you at all.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Yes, sound is the only reason I have never gone to a shorty silencer... I only wish I could get that same sound with lower decibals...

Top Bottom