fox_racing123

Mar 16, 2007
I'm gonna be buying a new bike, and I want something that will last for a long time. I'm kinda new to dirtbikes, and have never ridden a 125 2t. How hard is it to mix gas on these? I will likely be hauling it up to ride with my friends on trails, and when we stop at gas stations, how hard is it gonna be for me to mix gas? Is it decent on gas? I know the crf 230 is a really reliable machine, but I don't know much about the cr 125. I am about 5' 8'' or 5' 9'' and don't know if the 125 is too tall for me. Is there any way I can detune the 125 to make it a little easier to ride at first? How hard is it to maintain?

bburnette

Mar 13, 2007
if youre going to be riding mainly trails, get the 230. 2 strokes really dont like to be lugged down on hills and in mud. if you do get the 2 stroke, you can get a fly wheel weight which will make the power to the ground a little better right off idle and keep it from wanting to wheelie on you if youre going up steep hills. another reason why you may want the 230 is there is no mixing of gas needed. just pull up to the pump and fill up. no premix needed.

brent

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
There is absolutely no comparison between the 2 bikes. If you plan to ride at all seriously, you will grow out of the 230 fast. The 230 is heavy, slow, but fuel effient and reliable. Mixing gas is easy, if you can't mix gas you should't be riding a dirtbike because there is a ton of maintenance you're going to be needing to do. Fuel economy is more of an issue with the 125, but you'll be tired and need a break by the time you run the tank out. Maintenance on the 125 is certainly a downfall. They're harder to learn to ride on as well.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Instructions for Mixing gas at 32:1

1: Take 5 gallon gas can

2: Put in 4 gallons gas

3: Put in 16 oz of 2 stroke oil

4: Shake it up

5: Pour in bike

skyhigh230

Mar 21, 2007
i would go with the 230 if your trail riding it is an exelent trail riding bike compared to the 250 4stoke on trails. The 230 rips past the 250 esp. in muddy places.
another thing is its good on the hills definatly the CRF230F
its the same thing im riding

Top Bottom