SINGLETRAC

Oct 10, 2007
im looking at an 84 odyssey for my girlfriend. it appears to be in good shape, of course it has a honda two stroke 250.is anyone familiar with these things ?? are they reliable? it looks to be great fun, and by buying it for her im earning more riding time for myself !! anybody owned one ??

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Why buy a mini-van powered by a 250cc 2 stroke? ;)

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
owned an older one (1977?) Actually my parents owned it when I was a kid. Impressions from a 10 year old.....FUN! Talking to my old man, he seemed to remember less fondly the replacement of the drive belts all the time. Maybe it was out of adjustment?

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
I always thought it would be cool to own one. The Pilot was the better of them though

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
If you get her one, get a set of arm restraints for her. The first time she rolls it, she WILL try to put her arm out to catch herself. It hurts when the roll cage smashes your hand into the ground. :yikes:

Don't ask how I know. :whoa:

Rotor

ZOMBIE666

Mar 24, 2006
I have a 78 FL250 and we picked up an 80? Fl250 last night for my buddy, the things are an absolute blast to ride. Love em. Like Offroadr said, the pilot was the cream of the crop, next up was the 350 and then the 250 but the pilot are ridiculously expensive and the 350s are pretty high priced too.
Ive had mine for almost 2 years, pretty reliable, never had problems with the belt drive.

All great rides though :cool:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
used to be you could always find them in the local Moneysaver for 700 bucks. ALWAYS.

Wish I'd bought one. Even without suspension they are a blast in the pea fields. You'll be working on it as much as riding it, though, but as long as the price is right, it's worth it.

SINGLETRAC

Oct 10, 2007
thanks for the info fellas. i bought the thing and im puttin the belt on tonight,(unless theres a monster buck eating my turnips). any advice on puttin on the belt ?? ive never fooled with these things.... this will make ya sick,i gave the guy $200.00 for the thing.it was his kids years ago,he parked it in the garage with some semis in 87.it looks brand new.rich kid, rode it a few times and got scared of it. i do need the wrist straps though, cant pick my nose without arms... :laugh:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom