munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
I'm heading there! Kinda sandy soil with some clay.

Last year it down poured on us at the start but tacked pretty good after the rain. probably 4-5 miles, some pretty wide open field crossing ......

#780 on a KTM 200!!

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Thanks greg, now i got your name on the photo right. Posted a little story about belleville last night and couldn't figure out who was 780!

we will be there for the 65 class, then booking to galesburg for bonus points MX race for me. this chasing mx and HS points is going to get many miles on a vehicle.

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
wardy said:
Thanks greg, now i got your name on the photo right. Posted a little story about belleville last night and couldn't figure out who was 780!

we will be there for the 65 class, then booking to galesburg for bonus points MX race for me. this chasing mx and HS points is going to get many miles on a vehicle.

Looks like I made the big time!! See you guys down there :nod:

Dist1740b

~SPONSOR~
Jun 17, 2000
Wardy
Your story is Dead On, "Clear out the Cobwebs & See what Falls off" :laugh:
I don't have single callus on my hands either :whoa:
I will by the end of Sunday.

Dist1740b

~SPONSOR~
Jun 17, 2000
I talked to Ron about an hour ago
He said the Sun was Shining and that the course was mostly sand so Even with Rain tonight
and the 75 degree Temps
Tommorrow (RE Jet) ;) It will be a Hoot!

Last edited:

Dist1740b

~SPONSOR~
Jun 17, 2000
My "ALL STEEL" KDX couldnt pull 5th gear across those fields :fft: :rotfl:
How about the guy on the XR80 with Fox air shocks!?
That guy has to be pretty tired today!

I'm not a fan of the A,B,C start but none the less
it was a Good time.

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
djj said:
I can't go, darn. :laugh: , Don't let Baja get ahead of you Munch.

I was good for a while, just got into the lead of the +40 B class and then the throttle cable broke :pissed: :pissed: :yell:
(and was ahead of Baja!!!)

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
I was thinking cool, all these fields, fast stuff it's going to be a good day. No one told me the easy stuff was the woods!!!! Oh and by the way, the GG 300 won't pull this fat arse in 6th. LOL, 5th only if I leaned way WAY back. 2 HS races this season and No MX yet.......but the kid loves the HS races. It was a blast. 32 years of racing, and this was my 7th HS race. That includes 3 100milers back in the early 80s'.

How the heck do you break a throttle cable anyway? you must been twisting to hard on those 1/2 mile straight aways!!

Dist1740b

~SPONSOR~
Jun 17, 2000

Attachments

• start.jpg
    start.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
Wow, I was out of shape! Shoulders are still sore tonight...but what a fun race. Survived the mud and WFO cornfields, no noticeable damage to bike or body. What a difference a year makes.....

djj

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 18, 2003
wardy said:
Oh and by the way, the GG 300 won't pull this fat arse in 6th. LOL, 5th only if I leaned way WAY back.

Wardy you just don't have your bike jetted right, it could easily pull your, ah, girth, :rotfl: but you must be still jetted for cold temps. :laugh: :laugh:

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
jetting, smetting, i ride these things and I don't work on them unless i absolutely have to.

second from the end (right end) on that photo is where i sat kicking that thing til everyone disappeared. if it wasn't for the first turn pile up I would have been the last "A" rider in the trees.

Top Bottom