Jun 17, 2000
The 04 Dist 17 applications have "numbers assigned"
in the H.S. check field,are we doing away with
the current system?
I kind of liked it...

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
numbers will be assigned like last year, but due to many classes and structure changes likely riders will get new numbers this season. Last year we had over runs in a few classes and that should be handled buy the new structure.
wardy

Dist1740b

~SPONSOR~
Jun 17, 2000
Today my district card arrives and it says
HS 40B # 730 ?!
My assigned # from last year is 829 , why the 730?
I "own" 829 right?

Yet Another number order in my future
Tony

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Its a conspericy started by the sticker manufacturers.
I was #807 last year, and reapplied in January for the same, sounds like Ill be in the 700's also
Walt
D17 40b hs

motorhead434

May 28, 2003
sure am glad I ran those high-zoot electrical numbers last season.Anyone like to follow suit I'll hook ya up for a small set-up fee (read BEER money).

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
D-15 doesn't have assigned numbers. How does it work when a race is sanctioned by both districts? EG...the Millcreek races in Kingman, IN on May 30th and Sept 26th?

Dist1740b

~SPONSOR~
Jun 17, 2000
Oh, thats why....sorry

Well I have been told there are too many riders and not enough numbers to go around with the old system.
(Which is Great, our brand of sport is growing)!
My apologies if I ruffled anyones feathers out there.

Tony
#730 :eek:

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
I just got my stuff in the mail and my number was changed from 515 to 408 this is for my main event HS. That is fine with me by the way. But I did also sign up for 30B in motocross for the last 3 years and never rode a single event and every year I had 2 different numbers. This year they made both events the same number which is cool because I only have 1 bike. :thumb:

KevinB4stk

Jul 5, 2000
My brother Don didn't get on the "list" for AA riders butt he signed up for it anyway. He didn't want to just ride for wood when he could ride for $$$.

KevinB4stk

Jul 5, 2000
I havn't riden Vet A yet.

There is no way I would ever sign up for any A class in a GNCC anyway, I might as well not even race if I did.

All of the Mid-South Winter Series AA riders ride in an A class at the GNCC's.

Nobody is going to convince me that I'm "sandbagging" by riding the B class at a GNCC.

Last year I rode C class in GNCC and never got better than 13th.

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
you may want to check I am not sure if anyone is paying cash in AA? if they are I would like to know this. thanks
no electronic scoring in this district everyone still does the cards and hand sheets, we call off numbers and enter into a computer, but thats about it.
wardy

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
we had to restructure the classes, we split trailrider,we added AA and combined A so all those classes were changed, we tried to keep it as close as we could, but that is the reason. we hope this will stay stable for awhile. last year was the first year so there was bound to be a few changes.

wardy

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
thats why i went to B class to many in TR class and to my supprise at the 1 race
i made it to last i held closs to some of the other 200 b riders but i got passed by a
handfull of riders in the trail rider class

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
I would have to agree with Kevin on the GNCC classes. There is rampant sandbagging in that series, at least the races I've done. There seem to be an awful lot of B and even A riders in the morning race, which is supposed to be a C race only, and the B classes in the afternoon are awfully tough too. A lot of cherry picking going on. To Kevin's point, it becomes a matter of if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Incidentally, I'll be #420 this year in Dist. 17 HS

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Bob, congratulations on the little one :thumb: I see you are in the Vet A 30+ this year. I just rebroke my collarbone, yesterday so I hope we get to race together this year in the district.

As far as the Ironman GNCC goes (its the only one I can do) I ride the VetA 30+ just like in my district. Didnt do to bad. But I ll bet if I signed up for the C class I would be lucky to get in the top 15! I see guys using dry-break fuel tanks in the C class. :think:

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
Thanks Jeff! It’s been fun so far…a lot of sleepless nights though, pretty typical I suppose.

Yes, moved up to Vet A this year for hare scrambles, looking forward to racing with you at some of the races and also getting out with you for some play riding as well.

You might be right about the GNCC classes…probably not that much difference between Vet A and Vet B really, and there are definitely a lot of A riders in the C classes in the morning. A buddy of mine from Joliet, Freddie Nette, won the Vet A class a few years ago at the Florida GNCC. Two years ago, he signed up for Vet B at the Ironman in Crawfordsville and finished 2nd…said he didn’t notice much difference between Vet B and Vet A at that level.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Broke it at the Byron Enduro last fall. Bike stopped I kept going. It is badly displaced so it will take a longer time to heal, but the doc said he was 100% sure it would. Havent rode since then and it was feeling pretty good, until I did basically the same thing last weekend on my kids XR70. Im not going to the doctor again, lot of bills and they did nothing, so I dont know if it is rebroke for sure but one thing for sure it hurts. Another couple weeks should tell.

Top Bottom