horrid ktm suspension

ktmrider0202

Mar 5, 2002
I have a 1999 ktm 200 mx/c. I think that the suspension is horrid. I am about 135 pounds without gear. I think that the front is soft and sags a lot so I added so fork oil. They stiffened upped but still can bottom out farely easliy. The back is okay yet doesn't seem to have a smooth of a down stroke of a motocross bike. No bottoming problems in the back. Any suggestions or settings will be greatly appreicated.
Mark :(

pro-design

Nov 6, 2001
sounds weird! Your light at 135#'s so if anything lighter springs would be one of the first things normally. What kind of sag are you running in the rear? Also turn in your fork compression to get rid of your sagging feeling.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Maybe the rear is like setup with like a bit too stiif spring or like way too much preload on the rear . That will affect the front end . Try to loosen the back abit and test it out . Maybe you can get it a bit better balanced before hitting the checkbook . Have you ever serviced anything , maybe the fork springs are a little sacked out and need some preload . Sounds like fromwhat your saying , If you push down on the middle of the bike the front drop way quicker and lowere than the rear , Unbalanced feel. GOOD LUCK

ktmrider0202

Mar 5, 2002
it comes with Marzocchi 91 front forks. it seems like that if I could soften the rear and get the sag out of the front it would be all set. I tried losening the rear spring. THe fronts forks rattle like a b$tch. I know some people with the same bike and they said that their bikes did it too. I just serviced the front forks.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Set the sag on the rear to 100mm when fully kitted up and see if it rides any better.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…