njrealtor55

Sep 22, 2005
How are the Hot Rod Cranks? Any bad experiances? I am prob gonna replace the crank in my 92 KX250 next year and would like to use my account with Wiesco.

thier watercraft cranks suck. bearings would literally fall right off the crankshaft. also the inner races would fall right out too.

not looking to have bad crank experiances again, but i have heard the hot rod cranks are what most people use to rebuild thier motors.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Had a KX... ran the complete Wiseco overhaul, crank, rod, and piston. Have had a lot of success with their pistons, and good experiences with their other products too. For me,...no problems.

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
I had one in an '01 CR installed and balanced by a very reputable engine builder, got 1.5 seasons out of it before the lower bearing let go. My engine builder claimed that was good for my riding, but that was the first crank I've had to replace. I keep my bikes 3-4 seasons. I've since stuck with OEM. I have great service out of the pistons though.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
We've had outstanding results using Hot Rod Cranks during rebuilds on a variety of engines.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I've been running a Hotrods crank in my 99 for about 1-1/2 years and works perfectly. I would not hesitate to buy another if it became necessary.

Top Bottom