Hot Rumor of the Day: Windham on a thumper?

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
This was posted on racerxill.com's website. I wonder how much of this is fact!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The latest rumor making waves out in SoCal this week has sidelined superstar Kevin Windham possibly coming back to supercross as soon as Anaheim, and doing it on the Honda CRF450R that Team Honda had slotted for Nathan Ramsey! (Coincidentally, Ramsey is out for a few months with a broken femur, the same injury Windham suffered last spring.) There have been a few rumors about White Brothers Honda rider Paul Carpenter getting a shot at Ramsey's bike while Nate Dawg heals, but the Windham one is new to us. K-Dub is no longer with Team Suzuki, but he left Honda to go there, which complicates this rumor further. We'll keep you posted....

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
I hope he can get something together and be competitive while he's at it. I'd hate to see him fade away with as much talent he has.

Combat767

It's all about the dirt..
Nov 20, 2001
It this pans out, hopefully Honda doesn't put much pressure on Kevin. This would be a big boost to his moral and we'd get to see another top notch rider on the circuit. If Kevin can get comfortable and get in a groove... Lookout!! :yeehaw:

B

biglou

Not to change the subject, but what happened to Ramsey? Hate to hear that about him. He's one of my favorite riders, even if he is on a, cough, Honda!

steve talley

Sponsoring Member
Oct 17, 2002
Kevin is one of the coolest pro in racing at Atlanta the entire time the pits was open he was out talking to his fans. He could ride anything out there it makes no difference to me iam a big fan!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
:think: I thought he'd burned the Honda bridge . . .

Whatever it takes. I bet he wins practice. :silly:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
goo luck to K-dub. he was the lst person to take it to RC ourdoors and went 1.1! i am sure he can do the same outdoors on the cr450f, until team orders come into play i suppose. oh, wait this isnt formula 1 is it, the red thing confused me!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by mx547

windham is no dummy.

take that lou! :cool:

Ahh... don't get too big of a head, mx547! K-Dub REALLY burned a bridge with Yamaha... :confused:

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
If I recall correctly, he signed a letter of intent with Yamaha to renew his contract.. At the last minute he signed up with Team Honda instead, leaving Yamaha with an empty spot on the semi. Yamaha tried to sue him, I'm not sure if they succeeded.

Top Bottom