Houston spoiler

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Great ride for TC, RD and RV.

JBS was a wrecking ball at the start. Swerve right, then left then blows the turn starting the dominos falling. Then he triples onto Thomas.

Too bad for Windham. Went down hard with the lead just after lapping JBS.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Great race, except for the start, all on Bubbles for sure. Kdub looked awesome, until he seemingly got shaken up, lapping JBS? RV did it also? Or, the track was really slippery, as the spin tracks verify. I hope Thomas?, the guy JBS landed on, is okay. It sure looked like he spun, came up short, and got landed on by JBS. A report somewhere said Kdubs wrist is not broke, and Bubbles bent his front rotor in the second crash. Way to go Trey! It was his to win, and he did it, great job! The lites race seemed even better, come on 3pm cst!

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Boy that Barcia is exciting to watch. I wish Wilson could have hung in there, the first half was intense!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Fantastic lites race. Malcolm Stuart will be the worlds greatest crasher! He did make the main. It sure appeared Wilsons back tire was up in Barcias goggles at 1 point. 2 very different riding styles to say the least. Wow did Sipes hit Wharton off the track, Ryan is another that has been in lites too long. I sure would have liked to seen Bagget ride to 3rd?

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
JBS was in vintage form... :( He seems to be riding a lot smarter... and then he goes and jumps on top of a slower rider. If he had just rode smart, then he could have salvaged his points lead and likely earned a top 5 even after the 1st turn fiasco (he was only a few seconds back from RV when he ran into Thomas).

Haven't watched the lites yet (on dvr)... but it sounds like it was a good time.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Okiewan said:
JT$ blew the triple... IMHO, that mishap could have happened to anyone.

Off the top of my head so far in his career James has landed on Carmichael, Preston, Tedesco, Partridge and now Thomas. Name me another top pro who has landed on at least five other racers who weren't already laying on the track at the time of the mishap?

Even if Thomas had not cased the jump and done it clean where was Stewart going to go but into his back tire?

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Here's the James Stewart highlight reel, even includes him taking out 2/3rds of the field off the start by trying to salvage a crap start.

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kF0UVeifF_g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kF0UVeifF_g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
It's easy for all of us to arm chair quarterback the race for James. James rode his race and had some bad luck. He slipped off the start gate and got sideways. In hind sight probably should have backed off and gotten through the first turn unscathed in mid pack. As for landing on JT. I agree with Okie. JT committed to the triple as did James, JT got some wheel spin and came up short. James was already committed though and was hooked up. I don't really see how he can be faulted for that. In hind sight he could have taken a slower line through the section but why would he? JT was on track for the fast line. He could not have gone inside because there was another rider there. Oh well, haters will hate. James is currently 3rd in the all time supercross win category (I think) behind MC and RC. You don't get there with a lot of years left in you by taking the slow line because a rider in front of you might not make the triple. JT committed, James committed, end of story and the slower riders we all taking the inside line to stay out of the way of the faster riders.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Watch the video, NEITHER of the two riders in front of James tripled, nor were committed to tripling that jump in fact over the course of the race only a handful of guys tripled on top of that table every lap.

Also again feel free to point out any other top racer who has landed on this many people in his career? Once or twice is an accident, beyond that we have a pattern. Guess I'm a hater although I prefer to wear clear lenses in my googles instead of the rose colored ones.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
No way JT was attempting to triple.

Houston was a classic case of JBS riding like he owns the track. I guess it pays off for him most of the time.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Hey - I praised JBS last week, when he was awesome.

IMO, this was the first time this year the 'old' Bubba showed up, and it cost him the championship lead.

He's got as much or more speed than anyone. If he rides with patience and maturity, he'll rack up the titles. If he throws away a round or two a year with mental mistakes, he makes his job alot harder.

Oh, and he makes it harder for the guys he takes out, too.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
dirt bike dave said:
He's got as much or more speed than anyone. If he rides with patience and maturity, he'll rack up the titles. If he throws away a round or two a year with mental mistakes, he makes his job alot harder.

Not to mention all these spectacular getoffs will shorten his career a lot. He has been REALLY lucky so far. He was really lucky saturday in that he landed on the tuff blocks and was able to get right back up... If he had been flung just a foot or two further, he would have landed on cement which could have ended his night, his season, or worse...

I am a big JBS fan and want to see him rack up some more titles. The fact that "old Bubba" still rears his ugly head sometimes really concerns me as I don't want to see him hang up his boots on the season (or his career) any time soon.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Okiewan said:
JT$ blew the triple... IMHO, that mishap could have happened to anyone.

It looked to me like JT$ blew the DOUBLE and came up short on it - I don't think he ever intended to triple it - which was JBS' mistake - assuming that a much slower rider was going to try and triple that section.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
And, what was JBS doing following directly behind JT$?

Isn't that one of the first things you learn - don't follow directly behind (especially a slower rider) because you can't pass them if you're in the same line. . .?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
robwbright said:
And, what was JBS doing following directly behind JT$?

Isn't that one of the first things you learn - don't follow directly behind (especially a slower rider) because you can't pass them if you're in the same line. . .?
it's bubba's track. Everyone else is supposed to know to get out of the way.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
robwbright said:

I'll give some love here - Canard is a great example of a guy who will not follow.

Whatever line the guy in front of him takes, Canard takes or makes another line until he gets by.

Takes some skill when the guy in front is a top 5 rider hogging the fast line.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Titles JBS, titles.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Let me ell you, if Bubbles would have backed off on the bad first turn? Oh wait, Barcia did it! Bet me Bubbles and Malcolm have practiced all week slamming into the far side of the start? Yes they practice together. Chili, no argument on the number of racers landed on, got to be a record.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…